scared to talk with people about ex in fear that they'll tell me something

I think the biggest thing to set someone back in the healing process (other than contact) is when a "friend" tells you about something they've heard, or seen on facebook, regarding the ex. Why do people think they are doing you a favor when they do this? In the past, after another relationship ended, I would tell "friends" at work and whatnot to NOT tell me if they hear anything about my former guy... and they would anyway! I just got contacted from an old friend and this person was asking me about my current guy. I had to tell this friend about how we broke up and how I'm just trying to make it. I haven't really told anyone other than my mom about the breakup thus far, I'm almost scared of putting it out there because I'm scared of what might get thrown back at me Especially if he's already using the ol' facebook to his advantage. anyone agree?

I exactly know how you feel....

My best friend is still friends with my ex on fb...so for awhile that made it hard for me to talk with her because I had the feeling she knew about his life (he updates his statuses ALL THE TIME) more so then me. I just made it a point to tell her not to tell me about whats going on with him. The same thing with my ex co-workers I keep in contact with.

I don't wanna know NADA about him.

I understand I was with my ex for 7years and his family tells me things about him like I need/want to know!! just tell them not to mention him and if they do don't entertain the conversation be polite and walk away..although often times the damage has already been done.

haha exactly! Usually they'll just blurt it out when you're least expecting it and you're like "uhhh!!!??...Great, just great..."

Know what you talking about but you got to realize you heightened awareness state of mind following trauma caused by break up. It is okay, give your friends a break they just not at the same level as you are. What you can do is tell them again that you aren't interested, eventually it will stop, unless you dont want it to. Well at least that was my expirience with that. good luck...

Archived