Does height ever play a factor?

I'm 17 and pretty short 5'2" and have huge troubles trying to get with most girls because it seems like they all prefer taller guys. So I guess i'm screwed? Any tips on how I could still have a girl be attracted to me even though shes taller.

thx, huge problem

I'm younger, a girl, and shorter but I know where you're coming from. I'm 5'' at age 15 but the doctor told me I'm not going to grow anymore, atleast in height

But anyway, I've gotten my fair share of height jokes, especially since for taller guys I seem to be at the right height for something...if you know what I mean. But, I've learnt to laugh it off, and accept who I am. I'm short, so what? Its part of who I am. The most attractive thing you could do for yourself would be to be confident in your looks and who you are. There is nothing more attractive than a confident person. And not all girls care about height!

So just be yourself and be confident in who you are, even if that means wearing shoes with a little bit of a heel.

Its different for u tho brtlangst because u are a girl and the vast majority of guys like a shorter gf. Ok at 5foot your are tiny, but I still am attracted to people of that height, my ex was literally just under 5foot.

To the poster, hhhhmmmm, that is an unfortunate situation. Im 5'9- 5'10 and I wish I was more like 6foot, cause like u said, they ideal height of a guy in terms of girls seems to be about 6foot. However most are happy if their guy is just a little taller than them. however in your case, most girls will be slightly taller than you, which im prettys sure most girls dont want.

Hopefully you will find a girl where it doesnt matter about your height (like it shouldnt really), but there are still plenty of girls that are your height around. Try to emphasize your height. Buy some shoes with large soles and keep a good posture to try to maximise the height you already are. Good luck mate.

You do need to be more confident though. I don't presonally have any problems with height, I'm 5'10" I'm quite attractive too, yet for whatever reason I'm not very confident and have massive problems attracting girls. I know height means a lot to girls but there a lot of things (even without going into personality traits) that are more important. The best thing to do is just to try and force yourself to be confident. And be funny, joke about your height, like it doesn't matter to you, girls will love that, they might even then see your height as an advantage.

Best of luck mate.

I am totally on the opposite page as you. I am a 19 year old girl and I am 5'10. I used to have trouble all teh time with this stuff. I always thought the guy that was just my height was cute or whatever but then he would turn me down because I was to tall for him.

But in your case some girls dont care about height like me. And some guys dont care about that either like my bf who is 5'7. I dont mind that he is shorter than me , and he doesnt care either. It doesnt matter what anone else thinks as long as you find somebody tha accepts you for who you are.

I believe that there is somebody for everyone no matter what size , shape or color.

I'm 17 and pretty short 5'2" and have huge troubles trying to get with most girls because it seems like they all prefer taller guys.

Not exacttly true. I'm 5'10-11, thoguh that's not "tall", there are more factors then just height that women consider.

To the poster, hhhhmmmm, that is an unfortunate situation. Im 5'9- 5'10 and I wish I was more like 6foot, cause like u said, they ideal height of a guy in terms of girls seems to be about 6foot. However most are happy if their guy is just a little taller than them.

Yeah, I would have loved to have been 6foot.

I know the last year of just observing who my friends when out with, the girls were at or just a little shorter than the guy. There was one guy who started going out with this short girl, which was the only reall height difference I saw.

I'm 17 and pretty short 5'2" and have huge troubles trying to get with most girls because it seems like they all prefer taller guys. So I guess i'm screwed? Any tips on how I could still have a girl be attracted to me even though shes taller.

thx, huge problem

Being honest I don't know what ot say for you kenatgnet. Most girls do want guys who are tall (not that it means automatic success since I'm 6ft2in and been single since birth). I guess I'd say work on getting good grade in school and getting a goog job afterwards that allows you to make a lot of money and flaunt your wealth. Hey it works for most.

I'm 17 a girl and I'm 6"...

The thing is I have nothing wrong with going out with guys who are shorter, for me it is the guys who have the problem. They seem to feel, I'm not sure, inferior...

As long as you're fun, willing to HAVE fun.. and have a laugh at yourself... Basically if YOU don't make height a factor it won't be a factor... PLUS if girls are too shallow to see the person inside and not even give you a chance they're not worth it anyway.

Kenatgnet,

Don't worry about it! I'm serious!

I'm 5'5". Yes, it will be tough. I won't lie to you. But, and here's the good part, there is much more to you than your height.

I knew at an early age I wasn't going to be tall so I had to be very good at everything I did.

In sports I created a name for myself to the point where people didn't see my height they saw me. It's the same thing in life.

Yes! Many women feel safe and protected with a taller man. But it's all about perception.

Don't allow what others think to determine who you are as a person. Be the best you can be. Do your best at all times. And trust me the women will slowly gravitate towards you.

I've dated women of all heights and never felt uncomfortable because I knew who I was.

Have fun! Get to know women. And forget about your height. Literally forget about it. You can't control it so don't worry about it.

I still get teased about my height. I laugh about it and joke with people.

My height doesn't make who I am. But my heart does!

hey dude, dont worry man. i mean like im 6ft 2" tall and ive made out with girls 2 feet shorter than me before. i mean its like weird cause you either have to get her on a wall and she is standing strait up and your bent, over but the thing is i mean if the person thinks your cute, i dont think it matters about the height, i mean your not a midget or anything, so its fine man, just play it strait, and remember i think like a lot of times people make out while laying down and stuff. but like as for walking around holding hands. well i dont know. just try to find someone about your height i guess.

o yea

i actuall dont think girls like tall dudes. i mean its all about how you look and act, like a lot of times im so tall i feel like left out cause everyone is shorter than me.

Some good advice in the posts. I cannot offer any because I am in the same boat. I'm a 5'6" guy and it's still waaaaaay too short for most girls.The problem is that few girls are willing to date a guy exactly their height. The short girls prefer tall guys. The tall girls prefer tall guys. Where does that leave us? Maybe a girl who is below 5 feet tall may date us but there aren't many like that. And the average world height is ever increasing. The average American male is 5'10",the average Dutch male is a whopping 6'1". These statistics are really depressing. IMO,female height has little to do with the issue at hand. All girls-tall or short-gravitate towards tall guys in any group flirting situation.

hey well i will admit that most girls do like a guy thats taller then them. but im 16, im 5'6 and ive always been one of those tall girls in my grades growing up. i was taller then almost all the boys, and its weird b/c even though if you asked me what height i would like a guy to be, it would probably be in the 5'10 range, i have always ended up liking the short guys. they're cute lol. like even now there are lots of guys that are taller then me but i always end up liking the short ones. my current bf, who is actually a year younger is just a LITTLE taller then me, and its not a problem. i liked him even when he was shorter then me. so height doesnt always matter. and i know that being on either end of the scale--a short guy or TALLL girl has its downfalls but don't freak out about it. its not the end of the world. there are lots of girls at your height as well, and im sure there are many girls that would throw height out the window for some other wonderful qualities--im one of them.

As an all around comment to the height debate, it seems that girls want a guy just slightly taller than them, as mentioned earlier. I've always been taller than my gfs, but not by much, usually about 2-5 inches. Not really a macho thing on the guys part, but it is a security thing on the females part, as they want someone who can protect them, dating back to our ancestors of yesteryears.

As for the original poster, you could try finding a girl who likes a shorter guy, or find a shorter girl. Or the last option is get to bed by 8 every night and sleep sleep sleep and you'll grow.

It boggles the mind that so much emphasis would be put on how much taller a girl wants her guy to be. I mean, we have it down to a science! We want our man to be so many inches taller than us for whatever reasons... It's a big joke! Thinking back on my dating experiences, I can't, for the life of me, remember why I thought I wouldn't want to date a guy shorter than me. Which leads me to believe that it had nothing to do with personal preference, and everything to do with social appearances. I just thought that's how it was done. The guy is supposed to be taller than the girl.

I'm 19 years old and 5'7". My boyfriend is 27 years old and 5'4". You know what? I love him. I love everything about him. Any girl who is going to say yes or no to you based on your height isn't worth being with anyway.