On the road to reconciliation or am I day dreaming?

strader18

After 4 months and a new guy she decided to give it another chance. She came back very strong with her emotions.I let my emotions get the best of me and made her feel like "Crap" ( her words: The way you spoke to me made me feel like S***, I don't want to hurt you again. You confused me, I need some more time to get my head right before we can talk about stuff) I went back to NC. I didn't hear from her for 3 weeks. On thrusday she texted and let me know that her phone was off for a while that she didn't forget about me.

We've kept a light conversation nothing pertaining to "US". Well on friday she aksed if I could fit her in my busy schedule. I asked her to call saturady and i'll let her know. She called after work and we went out to eat.

. We went to a familiar place.

. She kept bringing up the good times we shared

. She showed interest in what I have been up to

. She filled me in on what she's been up to(details)

. She took me to to say hi to her family ( I 've known them 4 years. Been with her 3)

. We hung out from 5 to midnight.

. At the end of the night we hugged and she told me she had fun

. At one point she suggested that we go to her place because she found an item I had left there.

This was the first time we hung out, It felt normal, no akward moments we just caught up laughed and joked around. Nothing was mentioned in regards to the past relationship or a possible new one. Its been roughly six months now. I'm not ready to be back together but I want to steer it towrads reconciliation. Any advive I would appreciate. Should I do anything for Christmas? or am I being strung along?

Thank you

I think its amazing that after you made.her feel so uncomfortable that just a few weeks later she is warming up to you again! That's a huge break for you. It's also fantastic that you controlled yourself so well the second time. I don't know Tue details of your breakup but this all sounds very good. It seems that she certainly still has feelings for you. I would be careful not to be "friend zoned" at thus point but it seems that you are in a position to "love your way back into her heart". If you keep some distance and not seen needy, this may work out well at some point. It's nice to know that you realize that your not ready to get back together at this time. Be careful not to get emotional again. If your not ready now, it might be wise to not get too close at this point. You could let her know that she is important to you beyond the romantic level because you hold her in high regard, respect her as a person, etc. At Christmas, if you give her anything, I would make it small and nonromantical but thoughtful.

Good luck!

Yes I completely let my self go when she initialy contacted me. I can tell you my contributions to the break up. I have been trying to reach a few goals before making a few deep commitements. It was a bit selfish on my part and abit of controlling issues which I didn't realisesd until after the fact. There were no cheating involed or any of those no going back situations. As far as her feelings go, when she contacted me she said that she is still " Madly in love with me" and still wants to spend the rest of her life with me. I don't how much of that I wiped away when I lashed out on her. I will take your advice on keeping a little distance.

I appreciate your reply

Archived