So Stressed out and having problems with my family

coolgirl

And surly dont know how to handel it anymore because my own life is complicated enough. My mom works full time so she's not basically around too much, well my father got into 2 arguments this past week. Here I am trying to get on with my life and take care alot of stuff that I barley have anytime for myself left anymore.

My 14 year old sister is not even old enough to drive a car and when i'm out there I gotta drop everything to be there for her. It might take me up until 6 or 7 to get my stuff done and fall way back behind.

Me and my father are not getting along. Here I am trying to take care of my personal issue I have going on in my life I just went to a eye DR to get my eye's checked out because I've been getting headaches these past 4 weeks to which I'm popping up to 4-8 advils a night. I was suppose to be getting something done which the DR told I had to get done when i did do it my father called started raising his voice as to why I did the dilation for my eye's and that I wouldn't be able to drive and tried to talk to him in a calm way and just hung up the phone that I didnt get anything done just because I couldn't pick my sister up.

And today here I am running around trying to get my stuff together for the workforce in order to apply for a job, i had to get something done for my dad that was supposly take up to 5 minutes and ended up staying for more than 3-4 hours and still didnt get my stuff done called my father up told him if he could pick up my sister so I can go and get my things done then again ends up taking up his voice on me saying that you have to communicate with me and I did the other night and told him I got plans and have stuff to do.

I try to talk to my mom about it its like she's out of the world or something and explaining to her that I cant get anything done even if it takes up to 8 at night and trying to make her realize that whats going on is not acceptable but everytime I try to do that she's coming up excuses for my dad.

I have so much to take care of on my own. My health issue, going to therpy back to back, finding a job, going back to school, getting paper work done, keep going back to the workforce, seeing if there is any housing available to be able to be on my own with no one in my way. And now everything is on my shoulder. I've been through enough of my own in the past year with an ex husband of mine this I cant handel anymore and honestly the last thing on my mind is running away and never coming back. I'm frustrated. Help !

Take things on one at the time, you just do what you can do, in other words stay within your circle of competence, and steer away from talking or being anywhere near your father. He's not going to add anything constructive, so you dont need him. Keep going to the psychiatrist, and try to delegate tasks to other people. That way the burden on your shoulder will be less heavy, and try to climb the mountain in small steps instead of one jump. But you are jobless so you have the entire day off, utilize the time that you do have to get your life back in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestion. Yea, i'll try that. I am trying to take little steps but at the same time it gets to overwhelming and i'll be all over the place. And interferes with my sleep. I'll be up 24 hours with no sleep then crash the next day and ususally when this happens its because so many things are running in my head and just cant seem to shut it off. I mean I dont work as in working in retail store but again in the same postion being in business with my father that got screwed up once while being in business with him and partially destroyed partially my marriage when I was married at the time and now its a bit difficult trying to get out of it too because I cant seem to get away from it and to figure out what it is I want to get out of my own life.

Archived