i'm just curious about the ages between a boyfriend and girlfriend or if your gay girl and girl or guy and guy.

like at high school there is a girl i like but she is in year 11 and i'm in year 7. is that wrong? i have no idea if she likes me or not. we're just starting to become friends in the last couple of weeks and i don't want to ruin our little friendship by asking her stuff like that.

but i read somewhere that its not good to date someone thats more that 2 years older than you. and i'm not sure if she would prefer older men or not.

what are your opinions.

thanks for reading

Butch_G

Age is of little importance, its just a number, if you like each other and get along well together, thats all thats important.

Maturity has little to do with age, I have seen 18 year olds that act more mature than a 30 year old.

2 years difference is insignificant, maybe if you were talking 20. and even then numbers mean little when love is involved.

Age is just a number, if you are happy that should be the only thing that matters. My mom was 30 and with a guy that was like 50. They were happy, and everybody talked about it but age doesn't not matter. I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 24. And sometimes I act more mature then him. If you all can get along, be happy then more power to you and don't worry what other people will have to say.

~Under~

There is a point I think where you are too young to really understand what it really means.

Unless you have had some spectaular life experiences that make you super mature.

What does a 24 year old have in common with a 14 year old?

I think they are in completely different worlds. A 14 year old is probably around a freshman in high school and a 24 year old is finishing up/ finished with college and working. I can tell you that a whole lot of growth and maturing happens between high school and college and transitioning into the workforce.

In high school I wouldn't touch anything that is more than 2 years apart. During that stage, people are still going through so many changes. After you get into college and beyond, the playing field starts to level out.

If you can make it work then great for you, but I don't think it's for me

P.S.

For those young girls (under 18 ) with older guys.

Are you having sex with them?

How do you think they would feel if you said that there would be no sex during the relationship? Do you think they would still stick around?

I did a search and there are quite a few posts about this topic

I found this quote by Ingrid in the thread "I'm 18 and he's 58"

Well-actually we have alot in common. Like I said our maturity level is about equal. He still has wrestling figures on his walls and plays with them and so on. We get along quite well. I have already told him that I'm not ready for sex and said "will that be a problem?" and he said no. I disagree with you but I'm not going to argue. But I just wanted to let you know I'm quite happy.

~Under~

Ok On your age gap there is nothing that should stop you if it will make you both happy. I was a sophmore in high school when my current boyfriend and I really started talking about being together and then my junior / senior year we got together. He is 20 years older then me and that has never been a problem with the two of us becaus eI am very mature and he has some growing up to do so we help each other and love is all that matters to us so make sure it is what you want and it will work out very well.

I am a firm believer that age is not a factor. BUT, maturity has EVERYTHING to do with it. I do have to question certain situations like... Oh say... Possible STATUTORY RAPE! How can people NOT take that kind of thing into consideration? I mean age gaps don't bother me at all when people are mature enough. But truly, there are age GROUPS that I believe people should stick within. And above that, the law should be obeyed. I guess, since I'm not sure where you live, there may not be a law against that. i know laws are different from place to place. But still... Sorry to say it, but I don't see what a man THAT much older would want from a girl THAT young aside from the obvious. I suppose if he acts 14, he'd have trouble getting girls his own age, but that in itself proves his character. I know that's harsh, but it's reality.

Of course, as you get older, age gaps aren't as big of an issue because the jumps in maturity start to level out. I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 27. Personally I probably wouldn't be with a man who is ore than 10 years older than me, but I don't have anything against mature couples with large age gaps as long as they are together for good reasons.

Other than the legal issues of one or the other being underage.

who am i to judge the reasons for two people wanting to be together, as long as they are happy with the arrangment its all good.

If a 48 year old man is making a 18 year old happy, and fullfilling her wants and needs, and she is fullfilling his, so whats wrong with that? will it work out in the long run? probably not, but they are happy now and thats all that counts.