ARGH! Need to vent! Will this ever stop?

I have posted a thread before about living in my bf's ex wife's shadow. I was called "her" name this weekend by a friend that CLEARLY knows MY name. I guess it just slipped out. I know it was a mistake and I know that she probably feels terrible about it but UGH!! My bf apologized to me and was annoyed that it happened but it's not his fault.

Anyone have any great ways to handle situations like this? I need new ways to think/deal with these things when they arise.

If it hasn't been long since the divorce, and if they were together for a long time, then I'm not surprised to hear that this is happening. It will take some time for that relationship to fade from everyone's memory, and for yours to be established. People are human, and can only adjust so quickly.

it's just a mistake. i would let it go. i have brain farts all the time where i forget the name of someone who has been a friend for years. or i call my friend sharon, shannon.

my mom confuses my and my brother's name all the time. we don't even have similar names. go figure.

it's just a mistake. i would let it go. i have brain farts all the time where i forget the name of someone who has been a friend for years. or i call my friend sharon, shannon.

my mom confuses my and my brother's name all the time. we don't even have similar names. go figure.

Ah yes. Me and my two siblings all have names that start with a B. Needless to say my mom when looking straight at me firsts calls me my sister's name, then my brother's, and sometimes then gets it right.

I would just laugh it off with a "Oh *Friend*...I thought you LIKED me" type joke. My husband's best friend STILL calls me by one of hubby's college girlfriend's name every once in a while and we've been married 16 years!!! He even calls HIS wife by HIS ex's name every once in a while

Archived