Curious: do any women find condoms to be a mood killer too?

Shepard

I am not debating the need to use one as I always do if the situation warrants it but I know many men find condoms to be a huge mood killer in myriad ways; loss of erection, pain in the butt putting it on, not feeling anything (I have never had an orgasm with a condom on my whole life), etc. but I was curious if there are any women out there who find condoms to be a huge mood killer?

Maybe this is part of a bigger issue for me; I don't really want my gf to be taking hormone altering pills/patches or what have you but I think as time goes by having sex without ever achieving climax will become frustrating (it did in the past and creates new sources of stress in past relationships). There really seem to be no other options out there; either the girl you care about takes harmful pills or you resign yourself to a rather dull sex life...

Still, I was wondering more in general if women feel this way too?

Not getting an STD turns me on unless I'm in a LTR and we've both been tested and I'm on the pill, I wouldn't dream of going without.

What does "I always use one if the situation warrants it" mean? The most common mistake people make with STDs is thinking that if the person 'looks' clean or is of a certain class that they don't have any. It's a common but bad mistake.

It's a tough break if you can't climax while wearing a condom though; I assume you've tried 'ultra-thin' styles and still have had no success?

BTW the pill isn't necessarily harmful. Some studies have shown that on the whole it lessens the incidence of ovarian and breast cancer. And the nuva ring is a good alternative for those who don't like the idea of the pill since because of its proximity to the reproductive organs it has a much lower dose than the pill.

The best long-term solution to the condom/STD issue is the tried and true way: being monogamous with a partner and discussing other kinds of birth control. But not always easy to find the right person, I know that for sure (sigh).

Cheers.

It does not bother me at at all, if i am in the mood i can easily reach for the condoms and feeling that i will be safe from pregnancy makes my sex even more a turn on, without condoms i would probably start panicking or having second thoughts and worries in the middle of love-making and it would mess up my mind , for girls i guess it may bring some issues , i am on a low hormones pill so i feel as good as when i was didn't take it , my man told me i don't need to use the pill , but i am too much of a worrier and prefer to be fully covered and avoid taking the pill of the day after.

I am not stupid; of course I don't think a person can 'look' clean. But I am in a monogamous relationship with a recent virgin so...I think springing birth control on her right now would be a bit much; I mean she already agreed to try a vibrator so I will just wait a while.

I have never used a condom so I don't know how it feels but the IDEA of it for me would be a turn off because I don't like the smell of rubber or anything like that and in the heat of the moment, I can't do ANYTHING that requires higher thought, and that includes unwrapping a condom and putting it on correctly.

Also, the idea of giving a blow job using a condom (to protect from STDs?) would be a turn off to me. Yuck.

I'm glad I'm on BC pill, infertile (should get rid of any risk, lol), and in a monogamous relationship so i don't have to worry about it.

Archived