I would appreciate a little bit of support - my ex has a new girlfriend

SmilingKatty

Hi to all,

I have just found out, that my ex has a new girlfriend. We have been broken up for 5 months, so it definitely isn´t a rebound thing. From what I could find out about her, she is definitely his type...

I am actually surprised, how hard did I take it... It is now clear, how much I have been hoping to get back together. I am abroad now, but I have hoped to connect with him after I get back... (I have actually planned how to do it already - stupid of me, I know...)

Now I am dreading of my return - we have so many of common friends, that I will be meeting them almost everywhere...

So please - do you have any positive thoughts on this? (Or any positive thoughts in general?)

You sound like a really mature person and I think you will be able to handle the situation even though it will be pretty hard.

I really feel for you as I know how hard it is to get over someone who you see him around all the time. The good thing about the whole thing is that as he has a girlfriend, you will just not have choice but to move on and recover. The pain will be more intense at the beginning but will give you fasted closure and healing in the long run.

It would be great if you could avoid the places they are hanging out, at least initially. Later on, when you feel more comfortable, it will be much easier to face them and the reality.

Who broke up with who and what were the reasons?

Hang on there.

He broke up with me - because he felt out of love (I knew the situation was far from ideal in the end but I wanted to work on it - and he didn´t...)

Please listen to this song. I hope it helps you.

It helped! Thank you...

BTW - I have now 4 months before I will have to meet them - I hope it will be enought time to get used to the idea...

Archived