Belly button piercing!

I got one yesterday!

image removed

I just have some general questions from people who have them. What is the best way to clean it? I got conflicting advice...

The piercer gave me a bag of salt to soak my belly button with twice a day. However, when my sister got hers pierced, she was advised to use Bactine (pain relieving cleansing spray everyday. Is the salt-water better or Bactine?

How long does it take to heal?

Anyway, I love it so far and it hasn't been very painful at all unless I touch it.

Salt is great. Bactine is too harsh. Put some warm, salty water in a shot glass and suction it to your stomach. You can lay down and soak like that--10 minutes is good.

Tea tree oil is also great--I can't recommend it enough. If you buy some it'll last you a long time and you can use it for tons of non-piercing-related things too. If it's not diluted (if the bottle says 100% tea tree oil) you might want to mix it with water before you clean the area. Your skin might react to 100% tea tree oil

I don't remember how long mine took to heal. Under a month I think, but several months before it was totally resilient.

Archived