OK, a little background info. Was in a LDR (i'm on CO, shes in Mexico...we met in college in CO) for a little over a year. Things fell apart cuz we had trust issues. She hung out with her Ex behind my back for a drink when she was here visiting me and was always a big flirt and never told guys that would always hit on her that she had a BF cuz she loved the attention she gets. Especially for being latin and having a thick Guatemalan accent. We did NC for almost 2 months and she went to Cali the same time I did and we met up. When we met up it was all laid out on the table. Things were back to the way they used to be...we were having fun...exciting...all of it. She told me she thought about me every day....she didn't realize how much she loved me until she seen me again....that no one makes her feel the way I do...blah blah Well since then we have been hanging things haven't been going good again and are now back to being bad. I either need to be with this girl and work our issues out (which she says she doesn't want to be with anyone right now) or I need her out of my life so I can move on. She moves to San Jose, CA next week to start her new job from Mexico City. Should I send this letter or just let it be and not contact her anymore. I have been hanging out with another girl cuz things are messed up with us and her friend that always wants to hang out with me is bound to see me and this girl together.

Here is the letter

"Well I think I have my answer of our talk the night before I left....seeing the picture of you 2 & posting it on your MSN profile which you have not done in over a year.... and not making any effort to talk. Not sure if you are now dating Mike or whatever and that is why Mexico City was the way it was.....

I know you think I was controlling but it was never like that. The only thing I ever wanted from you ONCE is you to show me respect to tell guys you had a BF and that is it. That is all I ever asked which isn't much. I let you do what you wanted until you proved I couldn't trust you and that is when you felt controlled because I always felt I had to watch you. I never got that respect so I was always worried whenever you came to Denver but never when I went to Mexico. If we could have gotten the trust in the relationship then I think we would have had something amazing cuz I think we made an awesome couple. =)

Like I said in Mexico City. I regret things I have done and if I could take it back I would in a heart beat. I am sorry for those things and I've already told you to your face. I wish I could take it all back!

I'll use your quote here jajaja "If I had a genie in a bottle" I wouldn't wish to be skinnier like you....for more money....for fame....I would use all 3 wishes on you......I just wish I could make you as happy, excited and smile like I used to when we first got together and when we first met up in San Diego. I wish I could take all the bad things and bad memories you have of us and erase them. That is all. I really put myself out there by booking a trip to Cali knowing you did not want to see me, not knowing what you were going to say or act if you did see me...putting myself out there with the talk in the car outside your brothers house. That is how much I care about you.....enough to take the chance that I would be in Cali for no reason if you wouldn't have met up....take the chance that you didn't want anything with me....but in the beginning things were looking great for us and we were really opening up to each other and things were going how they always should have been!! =) Then somewhere in the mix they went bad again and I hate it. I hate what we have become and the way things are right now. =(

You know this is not something I want to do but we both know I have to. Gaby, I love you so much I can't even explain and miss you every day to pieces and I need to not unless you want to be with me. I love when your in my life as my girlfriend and couldn't be happier and proud. When your not in my life as my GF I feel stressed that your not....that is all I want and we can't have fun like we used to. When we stopped talking before it was hard but got easier and easier. You were still the last thing I thought of before I went to bed and the first when I got up but it was getting better. My confidence from the whole thing was getting back to where it was when I met you and you could tell in San Diego. Well since we have been doing what we've been doing it has been dropping because I want to be with you and I'm not getting what I need and I just can't let it anymore. When my confidence is where it was when I met you I can get almost any girl I want but the only girl I've ever wanted was you...I've never even looked at another girl in the way I look at you.....so in order to get my life back in order I need to stop talking to you for good so I can move on from you and move on with my life if you do not want to be with me. If you decide at some point that you do want to be with me I would love to hear from you if I'm still single at that point & even willing but right now I've got to focus on me again instead of you.

I think you'll realize at some point in your life that no one will love you like I did....no one will be there for you like I was....no one will do things he doesn't like just to make sure you feel good and enjoy it. No one will make you feel the way I did or tried to make you feel or make the effort to be a part of you life as I did. I alway put you before myself because they is what you do when you love someone. Whats out there isn't always better than what you already have but that is something you will have to learn for yourself. Initially everything looks like it is better but once the honeymoon is gone it isn't.

I wish you the best in San Jose!! You really deserve it! =) I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you love your job and meet lots of new friends! =) You will do great, I just know it! Should be a good experience for you too! I hope you find someone that can make you happier than I could, because that is all I ever wanted for you is to be happy but as always I wished it was with me! jajaja =) Love you and wish you the best Gaby! =)

Love

Josue"

Before I read it, my answer was "no." Then I read it, and my answer is more like "holy hell, definitely NOT. Nonono!" Keep this for yourself and reflect on it. It is a beautiful letter and anyone with an open heart might appreciate it, but that is something your ex probably does not have and won't have for quite a while. You will only do yourself an injustice. No debate in my mind - don't.

Before I read it, my answer was "no." Then I read it, and my answer is more like "holy hell, definitely NOT. Nonono!" Keep this for yourself and reflect on it. It is a beautiful letter and anyone with an open heart might appreciate it, but that is something your ex probably does not have and won't have for quite a while. You will only do yourself an injustice. No debate in my mind - don't.

I agree, DO NOT send it.

^^^^

As the others have said - this letter is giving her all the power and makes you look weak - and really she needs to work out for herself that you are the best fit for her....telling her this means nothing....

The big red flag here is that she would keep you secret...if someone cared enough they would be proud to proclaim you as a bf...they would not hide it....you deserve such better treatment...really....when she says she doesn't need to be with anyone right now, best to listen, she is keeping her options open...sorry to sound harsh but I have had the same line in the past. Perhaps she will come around in time, perhaps not but right now, she doesn't sound in a place to commit to any one person and this letter may just push her away completely....

Archived