match.com: not having a photo

flashf0cus

this is more of a vent post.

i have received emails from men a couple times via link removed who do not have one single photo in their profile but, yet they pay a subscription fee in order to have direct contact with a potential match?

what is the deal with that?

i have received emails from men a couple times via link removed who do not have one single photo in their profile but, yet they pay a subscription fee in order to have direct contact with a potential match?

Paper-bag-candidate, or don't wanna be recognised.

I've met a LOT of people from online dating. Only ONE was without a photo and I'll never make that mistake again. He wasn't married or anything but he was nothing as he described himself and turned out being a bit of a stalker (more of a baby-stalker... he had good intentions).

The only reasons I can think of: embarrassed, self conscious, self-righteous, don't want to get caught. Eh, if I were to date again online, I wouldn't go for it.

I've met a LOT of people from online dating. Only ONE was without a photo and I'll never make that mistake again. He wasn't married or anything but he was nothing as he described himself and turned out being a bit of a stalker (more of a baby-stalker... he had good intentions).

The only reasons I can think of: embarrassed, self conscious, self-righteous, don't want to get caught. Eh, if I were to date again online, I wouldn't go for it.

When I first read that, I thought you meant that he stalked you because he wanted you to have his babies.

#-o

When I first read that, I thought you meant that he stalked you because he wanted you to have his babies.

#-o

Hahahaa, technically that could be true because on the FIRST date, he talked about marriage and wanting kids with me

Do they send you a photo in the email when they contact you?

nathan. i don't even bother to respond.

i would think, if you take the time to set up a profile and signup for the subscription you could at least upload one decent photo. is that too much to ask?

baby stalker?

do these people actually think you will meet up with them somewhere if they can not even produce one photo.

i'm not willamena foo foo.

No photo, no talk. Period. That's how I roll.

I think it's best to have a photo. While people may be willing to talk to you if you don't have one, you'll probably get more replies and responses if you do have one. It shows that you're "real". Not saying that people without photos aren't real, but it seems that there is a greater chance that they aren't.

I had a photo on my profile but my boyfriend didn't. He contacted me with a long message and promptly shared his photo and it was fine. I personally like a photo on a profile but it's not a MUST...as long as they share it very soon once contact begins...that's ok too.

I can understand why some people may not put up a photo on their profile, especially girls. Some guys contacted me with messages like "durrrrrrr you're HOTT!" and that was about it. I'd rather someone contact me because they like my profile, not my picture.

That was the main problem I had with online dating, the guys who contacted me because of my photo. I know many people on the free sites aren't real, but is this a problem on the paid sites? I haven't had a profile on a paid site in years.

Archived