online dating, women's responses

Bismark776

So I know that basically on dating sites women generally get to pick and choose who they want to respond to and they usually only respond when they might be interested in the guy. I mean they're getting tons of these messages and most don't respond if they aren't at all interested. None of this is in dispute or my question, its just setup.

So the question or comment or situation I guess is that I recently sent out a message, I touched on a few things in the girl's profile, asked a question and made a comment, and she checked out my profile and then actually replied. Initially I thought, cool she might be interested, but then the response was about two sentences, very sparse, not engaging in any way. Responses like that tend to make me think that the person isn't interested at all, else they'd put in a little more effort right? But then, why respond at all when they seems to not be the trend? She obviously checked out my profile first, then responded so she wasn't purely responding to my text but also evaluated my profile to some degree. Its a bit confusing and strange.

I guess it could be an issue of social skills maybe. I mean a lot of people use dating sites because they aren't really very conversationally adept, or they're shy, etc. So that could carry over into the online dating world and someone who is interested just doesn't know how or is too shy to engage you in a way that demonstrates it. Still, how hard is it to comment on the other person's profile, ask them a question, or elaborate a little on your responses? Put more than 60 seconds into the response so the person you're responding to knows you're interested enough to put a little time in.

Anyway I'm not sure what kind of a response to this post I'm looking for but throw whatever you've got at me

just keep it cool and loose. don't go overboard with the responses, you can ask her how her day and/or week is going. Maybe briefly Talk about something funny that happened at work, just don't list your hobbies and tell her that you like long walks on the beach. haha. But I know how you feel, when I first started using link removed I had no idea what to say, you will get the hang out of it after a while.

You have no odea how bombarded the women get and it definitely gets to their head. They become very picky and quickly start to think they are better than they are because they get so many vultures hounding them. A 6 all of a sudden thinks she is a 9. You are way better off pursuing women during the day when the odds are closer to 50-50 instead of 5% at best.

Some people (men and women) just respond to be polite, as seems to be the case here. Most women, if interested (like most men), will put some thought into the email, generally asking a question or two.

Go with your gut, but if it was just a 2-liner or something, she was probably just being polite.

if they respond a few times then they are interested. after 3-4 replies i'll ask them out. no point in faffing about. a lot will reply just the once. also take note of what they writeif they ask questions like where you live, what you do. so its not all about you asking the questions. i think if ai was a female i would soon get bored of writing emails out if i was managing more than 2 or 3 person at a time. some people might reply by an iphone so wont leave loads of text.

Archived