Second date?

Pixiemeat

I'm new to dating after being in long term relationships for a while. Went on a first 'date' yesterday evening, was really nice and ended well. He texted afterwards to say he had a good time but no mention of doing it again, I replied saying I did too and for him to let me know if he'd like to do it again. No response since. Am I being too eager or should I assume the worst?

What's the worst? You had a great first date- that's the best, not the worst. If it were me I probably wouldn't have texted that - too soon and if I wanted to ask someone out who I just met I would do it by phone. My guess is that if he texted you that fast he is probably interested in seeing you again but I would put him totally off the radar until he asks you out for a specific date, time and place. He knows you are interested but I would leave the ball in his court for now and most importantly - keep him off your emotional radar - no expectations. Dating requires a thick skin and the mindset of "we had a great date" with no future expectations unless a second date is planned (and then the expectation is that he will show up for a second date) is what worked best for me. Good luck!

You're right, I won't contact him again. Do you think it was a mistake to suggest letting me know if he wanted to do it again? I thought I was just being open. Either way, I've left it with him now.

No definitely not a mistake. You didn't come on too strong. All you did was mention meeting again AFTER he made contact to say that he had a good time. If he doesn't contact you again he obviously didn't have the guts to tell you that it wasn't for him and someone like that you can well do without.

Archived