Hey Jonas! I remember you, too!

Hang in there man, I hope things continue to get better for you. And you're right, when I realized the other day that it had been a year, I was amazed. While in some ways it seems like it was almost a different lifetime, in others it seems like just a few months. Strange, indeed.

And a humble "you're welcome" to all the thanks. It's wonderful that this has provided some small comfort to so many.

I know someday the gap she left in my life will be filled by an even more incredible woman; one who won't think twice about running out when times get tough.

yes, we must remind ourselves that or ex's chose to walk out of our lives. They chose not to fight for what we had with them. I know a lot of others out there WOULD fight for a relationship with us if we wanted it with them. This single fact alone should help us move on... We just need to stop putting them on a pedastol as if they are perfect. Many of them are far from it. One day we will see this all too clearly.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this:

just want to really come on here again, and thank chewy again. i took on bored a lot of what you said, i still kept that deadline in my head, until the 17th had gone, and it seems very strange, but after that, maybe subconsciously i was holding onto that for some reason, but after that day, things just seemed better? i kinda just let all my feelings or fears go. i don't feel funny. no if someone says her name, it goes by, sometimes ill smile, cause ill remember something nice, but it doesn't get to me any more. there have been one or two dreams, but 2 out of 3 aint bad.

another plus, i've met a new girl. and am happy to say, i am very happy again. asked me this same time last year. i would have thought you were the mad one.

so just like everyone else who posts here, and we all think there is no life after heartbreak, give it time, don't rush and move on in your own time, you will get there. it may not be quick, and it wont be painless. but everyone has to do it at some point, and at the end of it, you will just come out stronger than before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to bump the thread again after a few weeks, but I'd feel somehow mean and cold if I didn't address these posts:

The Icon: I'm so glad everything worked out for you! And maybe you're right: for some people it can be something as arbitrary as a number that just clicks it all off. I suppose we do that in other areas of our life as well, though. For example, we wanna weigh a certain amount and feel terrible if we're just a few pounds over that weight. Or we only feel secure if we have so much money in the bank, and if it's a few dollars under, we worry.

Anyway, I'm off on my own tangent again. But thanks for the update! And the best of wishes to you with your new romance!

milkandhoney: Thanks so much! It's great to hear from you again! And who cares if we only know each other through this forum? You telling me you're proud of me still makes me feel like a million bucks!

To everyone else: Thanks for reading, and I'm glad I could help!

I remember your stor and when you first started posting I am glad to see you are feeling better and have come to terms with your situation. Its been 13 or 14 months for me and I cant say I am positive as you but ther has been some good that has come from her leaving. Unlike you my life was infinitly better with her in it and thats just something i have to live with. Good luck man keep up the healing...

Archived