What's your personality type?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The primary desire of the Protector Guardian [iSFJ] is to be of service to others, but here "service" means not so much furnishing others with the necessities of life (the Provider's concern), as guarding others against life's pitfalls and perils, that is, seeing to their safety and security.

Hey, jasminebose!

I don't see myself as a "saint 'nurse' type," but I do feel the protector side of my personality very often. Whenever I see someone being treated unfairly or being teased or tormented, I feel the need to intervene and put an end to it. For example where I work we have one female employee who is frequently pestered by another male employee who just loves being a pain in the butt. Every time I see him getting on her nerves it really gets to me and makes me want to tell him to get lost. So yeah, I definitely see myself as a "Protector Guardian," just a very shy and quiet one.

P.S. I studied computer science in university, but I just haven't gotten out of the auto service job that I took as part-time in school. It's a secure, relatively easy job in uncertain times, and I really like most of the people I work with, with the exception of the pain in the butt ones.

You should work in animal welfare or something, mr protector!! No, not really as that would have nothing to do with computer science either!

You sound like me a bit in that the people you work with are more important than the work and once you've found something that you like (or is a bit cushy!!) you don't want to leave! Thats why I've stayed in research for a while, nice, easy job with cool people!

ps. I like the fire logo- do you think ISFJ's are all pyromaniacs too?! (thats actually what I'm researching just now- arsonists!!)

You should work in animal welfare or something, mr protector!! No, not really as that would have nothing to do with computer science either!

Yeah, I don't think that would be one of my choices, but I do love pets. I have a 5-year-old Yorkshire terrier named Coco. He's a wonderful dog, very lovable and affectionate. I always call him "my little buddy," or as my Mom calls him, "my little brother."

ps. I like the fire logo- do you think ISFJ's are all pyromaniacs too?! (thats actually what I'm researching just now- arsonists!!)

LOL! I sure hope not! The Pyralis username originated from online gaming. A few of my friends and I were playing a game called "Well of Souls" and my character specialized in fire spells. I wanted to find a suitable name for my character and found Pyralis, which is Greek and means "of fire." I liked the name so I stuck with it.

Hi again Pyralis,

Coco like Coco Chanel?! I have a pet rat called Mimi and a cat (who doesn't live with me or my rat (!) called Woo).

Don't know the computer game but will take your word for it that you are not a pyromaniac!

Hey, is Aylmer (spelling?) near where you live? That's where my best friend is from.

JZ

• 1 month later...

INTP as well. Took the test about three months ago, then once more about two weeks ago with the same result. Pretty annoying since I'm trying to lean more towards the INTJ side of the spectrum.

Trying to put my world of thoughts, theories and concepts to rest and finding practical applications for them isn't only hard but boring to me. Pretty annoying since I tend to lose interest into almost anything after just a few hours/days/weeks (depending on the newfound hobby).

Imagine not finding a single thing which you could potentially turn into a true passion but instead finding yourself looking at everything as a mind-numbing timesink as soon as you've grasped its concept, not even being interested in putting it up to use in the real world.

Not saying I can't keep myself occupied, but rather that I tend not to experience the same weekly dosage of "fun" than the rest of the population seem to get. I'm currently learning a new language (my 4th); that should at least keep me busy for a while. =P

• 1 year later...

I scored ENTJ. What's weird about taking this test is that I've taken it before. I actually took it three years ago and scored INTJ. I got tired of how closed off people had become and started actively pursuing friendships around that time. Interesting to see how much I've changed.

Humans should not place themselves into personality types. We are too complex and run the range of personalities depending on what is happening on our lives at the time. Being shy its no surprise I got introvert as part of my type. Yet, I can be very extroverted and outgoing under the right conditions. So look at the test as something fun, a diversion... but we shouldn'y label or box ourselves into preconceived types.