what to eat to loss weight?

Eat lots of veggies.

Watch your starch intake...everytime you have a carbohydrate, have some protein with it...it helps keep you fuller, and, you won't come "crashing" down from the carb "high", which just makes you more hungry.

Personally, I avoid most carbs, but you do need some.

I also suggest that you count EVERY calorie you put in your mouth...you will be AMAZED at how fast they add up!

Good luck to you...it CAN be done! I lost 150 pounds back in 2004 and have maintained it ever since!

~Allie

what kind of drinks will help loss weight?

Water for sure, and tea is good too, because antioxidents boost your metabolism.

so beside vege and excercising what should you eat/do to loss weight?

In order to lose 1lb of fat you must burn 3500 more calories than you consume in one week. It's more about what you shouldn't eat: bad fats, refined carbs/sugar.

Aim for foods high in fiber and protein, and good fats in moderation. Portion size is very important, as well as eating 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals.

Water for sure, and tea is good too, because antioxidents boost your metabolism.

In order to lose 1lb of fat you must burn 3500 more calories than you consume in one week. It's more about what you shouldn't eat: bad fats, refined carbs/sugar.

Aim for foods high in fiber and protein, and good fats in moderation. Portion size is very important, as well as eating 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals.

That was going to be my answer.

I also like to say that calories are not all created equally. You can have a 100% non fat diet and still gain weight. Processed food with sugar, carbs, and no nutritional value is not the same as a calorie from a leafy green or other great food.

The less ingredients, the better- that's a good rule of thumb.

The best way to eliminate calories is through what you drink. Trade fancy mochas for coffee or tea. Don't be fooled by "energy' or "sports' drinks. Take Vitamin water for example. It's aimed for people trying to be healthy yet it is more than 120 calories per serving. And more servings than one bottle. Not to mention the sugar. Non of which is going to fill you up nor satisfy you. Most of the vitamins in that water is fat soluble and isn't going to be absorbed by your body anyway in that form. It's the biggest scam out there.

The food guide is still a good place to start. !

Then, I'd suggest finding out how many calories your bod needs to maintain its weight and how much it needs to start losing weight at a healthy pace.

Here is one (there are many online alone) to get a basic jist: link removed

Here is one of my favorite sites regarding food. It's one of my favorites bc it gives you a good idea of the benefits/nutrition in some foods that you can't go wrong with:

link removed

And then, it comes down to learning how to eat in a way that is moderate and frequent. I think a certain amount of it is learning to listen to your body.

Drinks to lose weight: Water, especially.

Prioritize vegetables, then lean protein (white meats/fish), then fruit, then fibrous carbs, then fatty protein (red meats) in your diet in that order.

Avoid soda like the plague, use all dairy in careful moderation (a little is almost too much!), and cook at home as much as possible. Fast food will destroy your efforts.

Watch the condiments, they're a killer! Ranch dressing on a salad means you may as well have just gotten a Big Mac, no joke!

Avoid sodium as much as you can (You'll still get plenty).

Drink lots and lots of water. Every glass burns calories!

cardio and physical activity is the ultimate tool in promoting weight loss. the diet is the biggest part of it though. watching your calorie intake and spreading it throughout the day but eat most calories before mid-afternoon is the best plan. least it is for me. by the end of the day, i'm not too hungry and my body has burned a lot off. when i wake up i'm hungry and ready for the cycle again. but remember, you must try different things and do it so it works for you. nothing anybody tells you will be the best or worst, but it generates great ideas for you to try. just don't try things like following BMI, taking crazy beach diets, etc.

watch out for "diet" or "healthy" or "low fat" stuff. a lot of it is garbage. low fat can be high as hell in sugar.

eat fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, lean meats, more fruits, more vegetables, more lean meats.

and make sure you keep track.

I second watching out for the "lite" or other varieties of so-called "better for you" foods. Most "lite" dressings, for instance, substitute fat/sugar for gobs of sodium. A little saturated fat is much better for you than double the sodium per serving.

Do keep eating the whole breads, brown rice and potatoes - just less of them.

Problem most people have is that they over do it, and so people feel they must ban them! *oh noes* the evil potatoes (not that I like them anyways lol).

Try to keep to 4 or less servings a day, and you'll do well.

Archived