initial stage of infatuation

SadAndy

whilst i know that there are no 'rules', when does the initial stage of infatuation start to wear off?

Quite a sad reason why i'm asking but my 33yr old ex has started dating a 21yr old man and i am wondering when, if ever, any cracks would start to show?

Its been 2 months now (they've known each other about 4 mths) and it looks like true love (much to my annoyance!)

They have already discussed kids and marriage and the new bloke is taking out a massive mortgage to buy me out!

Out of spite, i want it to fail dismally and would just like to know when the initial infatuation stage wears off and any cracks start to show. It all looks too perfect at the momeent!

I agree with catdancer's outline.

If it's been only 2 months, I do think you have awhile to wait.

You are waiting for the infatuation to wear off in hopes that they'll break up? If she's your ex, won't she still be your ex when and if her new relationship ends?

Man, I can tell that you are hurting, you are posting new threads about this a lot. If I were you I'd keep in on the same thread so we can keep up.

I wouldn't sit there and hope that the infatuation fades. I would focus on my own life if I were you. You'll drive yourself crazy and you have absolutely no input on the matter.

Good luck, we are here for you!

thanks guys. I guess i have posted a few! Sorry!

I just so want it to explode as what we had wasn't that bad (except from her view with the cheating etc!)

This new guy seems too good to be true and i'm a decent chap so she has not had any experience of dodgy men.

Trust me though. She will always be my ex regardless of whether they split up or not!

Just me being a petty little man i'm afraid!

You are perfectly normal to feel hostility toward an ex that wronged you and it's perfectly normal to wish bad horrible things like their hair falling out, her new bf never getting a boner and them both to get genital warts. lol Just keep posting and keep venting and eventually you wont care anymore.

thanks guys. I guess i have posted a few! Sorry!

I just so want it to explode as what we had wasn't that bad (except from her view with the cheating etc!)

This new guy seems too good to be true and i'm a decent chap so she has not had any experience of dodgy men.

Trust me though. She will always be my ex regardless of whether they split up or not!

Just me being a petty little man i'm afraid!

It's ok, I would want to know too. I'd be looking for all the signs I could that my ex's new relationship was on the way out! I agree that you should (somehow!) try not to let it drive you crazy.

You are perfectly normal to feel hostility toward an ex that wronged you and it's perfectly normal to wish bad horrible things like their hair falling out, her new bf never getting a boner and them both to get genital warts. lol Just keep posting and keep venting and eventually you wont care anymore.

I agree, if I were in your shoes I'd feel the same way! Feel free to post about it, that's what the board is here for!

That being said, I obviously don't know your ex, but I'd assume a relationship with an age difference that big can't last too long. I can't see what a 33 year old woman can possibly have in common with a 21 year old man other than sex. And as we all sex alone is not enough to sustain a relationship.

Archived