OMG. Have you ever dated/been in a relationship with someone who thrives on competition for them?

vertigoxo

What I mean is... Have you ever dated, or been in a relationship, with someone who feels the need to have plenty of admierers around him/her (opposite sex friends who are horny for your partner, or an ex who still carries a torch for your partner, etc) and get mad if you even tell them nicely that it's making you a bit uncomfortable? Like, they THRIVE on having people FIGHT for your partner's love and attention, and if someone dares to take that away from them, you are cast as "evil" and they threaten to "dump your ass if you don't stop being jealous!!!!"?

Ugh... I've met some people who are like this and I'm wondering, what is their problem?!?

What I mean is... Have you ever dated, or been in a relationship, with someone who feels the need to have plenty of admierers around him/her (opposite sex friends who are horny for your partner, or an ex who still carries a torch for your partner, etc) and get mad if you even tell them nicely that it's making you a bit uncomfortable? Like, they THRIVE on having people FIGHT for your partner's love and attention, and if someone dares to take that away from them, you are cast as "evil" and they threaten to "dump your ass if you don't stop being jealous!!!!"?

Ugh... I've met some people who are like this and I'm wondering, what is their problem?!?

What U share above really help me a lot, It blow away my wondering ! So thankful !

Ok.... their problem wuite simply if that they are an attention hog, and not particularly mature. How can anyone expect to maintain a healthy relationship in this circumstance?

Yup! Agreed.

What U share above really help me a lot, It blow away my wondering ! So thankful !

Your welcome!

Honestly, no, and I don't think I would ever date someone like this. It sounds terrible.

You are very lucky then. Maybe it's the area where I live... So many immature people.

It is terrible. I remember talking to these types of people and they'd be like, "OH MAH GAWD so today like, it was my birthday and one of my guy friends gave me a necklace and a hickey! TEHEHEHEHEH!"

I'm like, "Wait... Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Pfft, who? Oh, you mean ____? Yeah, whatever, it's not like I slept with the guy... He gave me a gift and we were just kidding around, and he ended up giving me a tiny hickey, so what? GOD!"

>>

They are insecure. I've dated somebody like this, it was a nightmare.

I'd hug you if I could get see you in flesh, I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal.

Whatever. Someday when their looks and sex appeals fade, all that's left is regrets of not sticking to the one person who loved them the most.

Archived