Does this sound strange to you?

So I've been here on ENA quite a bit over the last few days after my fiance broke it off with me. She fed me some jazz that she just wasn't ready for marriage and that she still loved me and everything is perfect when she thinks about us together but she just wasn't sure she'd ever be able to give me what I want. So I was fairly upset the entire weekend, I just couldn't square this all in my head. I noticed this morning she'd blocked me on Myspace (indication of the maturity level I'm dealing with here) so I was talking to a friend of mine about the break up and his girlfriend who is in the same place as my ex told him she saw my ex kissing another guy. When I heard that, it immediately hurt, but then something just kind of clicked and I instantly felt better. I don't know why but I did. I think I was harboring hopes that she'd come to her senses and come back to me, then when I heard she already had another dude less that three days after we broke up (more than likely before we even broke up) I realized I don't want her back. My eyes opened to what an immature, cheating, child she really is, not my sweet little baby like I thought she was. It still stings, and I'm fighting the urge to to contact her and tell her she should have just told me what a giant skank she was before we started dating, it would have saved us a lot of trouble. But I know thats just the anger talking, and I'm trying to be the better person here. I'm taking a trip to see a very good friend, a girl I've like for quite a long time, in a couple weeks, and even if nothing romantic comes of the trip, it will still be great to see an old friend. Someone whos always been there for me. But back to the meat of the topic; does it seem strange to you that after finding out a piece of what should have been very upsetting news, I actually felt better?

Yeah when I found out that my ex was going out with a guy a week after we broke up I was like heh girl you are soo predictable but I didn't said anything my silence said it all and I just slowly deleted all her ways of contact you will feel a lot better mate.

I had something similar happen with one of my ex's. After we broke up I found out he had been cheating on me, he broke up with me and wanted to get back together once I started college. We kept flirting (despite knowing he had cheated on me) until I found out he had a girl friend and he then cheated on her and suddenly I had no more feelings for him, it really helped me out a lot, I rejected his offer to get back together and boy was he upset, still is after 4 years.

Archived