My Girlfriend's Friend

HellFrost666

I agree with the poster who said that your gf should set him straight. And you asking her to do this is not unreasonable, imho.

I also dont think you two should go down there. While I do not think he'll blatantly ask for anything in return for purchasing your tickets, I for one would NOT want to be indebted to this man, not even a penny.

Lol, GF, if you knew the story of how her and I met and got together you would probably think I was a monster. In your eyes I am probably no better then K, if not worse.

and that might be why this situation with K makes you trepidatious....maybe just a little?

and that might be why this situation with K makes you trepidatious....maybe just a little?

Possibly...

She was married when I met her. The biggest difference between that situation and this situation is that her marriage was dead in the water when I met her and she didn't love him anymore and wanted out.

Her and I are doing fine and she doesn't want out. I don't see K as a threat.

If in your GF's shoes, I'd limit my contact severely with anyone who would disrespect my partner the way K did you....

If you don't feel "threatened" that is one thing, but I think there is the other issue of his intent in & of itself... And on his part it may not have even been deliberate, but more of a product of an inner thing within his own self that is out of balance... Doesn't change things though.

I just can't see why the two of you would want to go there & visit him (if you are still planning to)... It has a feel of awkwardness & "strangeness" to it... At least IMHO from the outside looking in....

I agree with Maya. It's cool that you don't feel threatened by him, but the fact of the matter is he IS disrespecting you. And her. He is the type of man a woman should be leary of befriending. If I were in this situation and this was a friend of my boyfriend's, even though I might feel secure in my relationship and not threatened by her (this hypothetical friend) I would still expect my b/f nip the friendship in the bud.

And we'd definitely not be taking any trips to florida to visit her and if my b/f insisted, he would be going alone, and single.

wow.

I would not have been as calm as you, I admit.

If you go down there it is going to be REALLY akward. Even if he just 'said it to get it off his chest' he still said it... and what really sealed the deal for me was when he sent the text saying 'if you ever leave him, i hope it's for me'. That is just wow.

And personally, me, I would have taken him texting the next day asking if it caused probelms as fishing. Like he was HOPING it would cause problems, you know?

Have you decided if you are going down there?

Archived