Those who live alone, how much do you spend on groceries per week?

BriarRose

When I was working, I probably spent about $100-$150 a week for myself on food (eating out), gas, groceries, pet stuff (including some of Jasper's (best friend's dog) treats), etc. But then I was spending money way too frivolously.

Now since I don't work, I stay home more so I probably spend about $60 on food a week (I do eat out 1-2 times on the weekend though). Not sure since I don't track my spending all the time.

I am trying to make it where I go for 1-2 days without spending money (but that is very hard).

Budgeting is NOT my forte.

When I was working, I probably spent about $100-$150 a week for myself on food (eating out), gas, groceries, pet stuff (including some of Jasper's (best friend's dog) treats), etc. But then I was spending money way too frivolously.

Now since I don't work, I stay home more so I probably spend about $60 on food a week (I do eat out 1-2 times on the weekend though).

I am trying to make it where I go for 1-2 days without spending money (but that is very hard).

Budgeting is NOT my forte.

I don't think $100-$150 is too bad since you were including gas and all. Mine would be about $100 if I include gas.

Yeah....hard to resist those pet goodies, lol! We like to spoil our babies!

About 25/week. No pets yet, and am extremely efficient with all needed supplies. I shop in bulk with big box discounts Sams Club and Costco. If you are into doing your numbers, big box (commercial) is the way to go.

Note: big box does not mean Walmart - Walmart prices are most often equal, if not higher than the typical grocery store like frys, albertsons, etc. Forgot all them if you can and shop in bulk.

Haha, now you know why I was so impressed with $60 "per month" as I took it. I thought you must have had some crazy trick for budgeting or perhaps lived somewhere the cost of living was insanely low! lol

Lol! Yeah, I mean, I like Ramen noodles, but I wouldn't want them 7 nights a week....

I mean all groceries - cleaning supplies, pet food, everything. I'm re-doing my budget and was just curious. I spend about $60, but that includes my big fat cat's food and litter, etc (he poops a lot, lol!) - plus I hardly EVER eat out.

about 30 dollars----i get free lunch at work and i eat out 3x a week including a regular breakfast on saturday morning at the local diner

about 30 dollars----i get free lunch at work and i eat out 3x a week including a regular breakfast on saturday morning at the local diner

That's not bad at all! Actually, I get free lunch at work, too, but it's yucky. They used to have really good lunches but they are making cut-backs and serving food I cannot identify.

Lol! Yeah, I mean, I like Ramen noodles, but I wouldn't want them 7 nights a week....

hehe for a while in college I pretty much did that. I got good at spices though! Like dump anything red in the noodles to make them bam! I still love the Kimchi and noodle bowls. Yummy! And sooo cheap. I think I spend about the same as you a week. No pet for me, but I buy good beer.

Archived