Poor fish died last night

Seraphim

We had a black skirted tetra for about 6 years. Yesterday I gave the tank a good clean like I had always,nothing was different. When I went to bed the fish were all happy swimming about looking normal, tank looked good,filter was working well. This morning my son woke me screaming that his fish was dead. The other fish are fine. I am sure it was old age and it just coinsided with the cleaning. Poor son is distraught though.

Victoria, sorry to hear about the tetra's demise.

I hope your son feels better soon. Will you be doing a burial for the tetra? I know it is a fish, but still, your son seems very attached to his fish.

BTW, how's the guinea pig doing?

Yes, we are when he gets home. The ground is frozen so this ought to be entertaining. wont let me flush it) So all his pets HAVE to be buried. He loves his pets for sure and he is very tender hearted. He had to get to school so we could not do it this morning.

His piggies are good. How are yours?

Yes, we are when he gets home. The ground is frozen so this ought to be entertaining. wont let me flush it) So all his pets HAVE to be buried. He loves his pets for sure and he is very tender hearted. He had to get to school so we could not do it this morning.

His piggies are good. How are yours?

My piggies are well. All healthy and eating well, as well as being loud.

I had a betta for 6 months before it died. I gave it some filtered water as a treat. Bad idea.

Oh and I cried, too. I was like 20.. lol

awwww

We had our little funeral and said goodbye to "Longskirt" (as he was a longskirted black tetra) He seems a little better tonight, my son that is.

Awww, poor fishie. I'm sorry... but 6 years is soo long for fish! I've cried everytime a fish died.

My son's crying made me cry Thanks Jenn. I think he is quite a bit better about it this morning. He asked me if the baby fishie angels came for his fish. Funny enough a few minutes after we had the "funeral" we had a big sunny break after it had been gloomy all day. My son says "yup mom, fishie angels"...LOL

Archived