"You're good for nothing."

vertigoxo

Define yourself - don't let anyone else do it.

Thank you, you're right. She can honk her horn all the bad things she can say about me, but I'll just drum to my own beat. I'm a good person and if she can't see that, tough nubs.

Question, I can't seem to add a reputation point to lunarstar and In the dark. I've added a point to everyone else but I can't seem to add one for them!

Trust me it is great and the best part is they help you go to school. It can definitely be an option for you. I know my fiance did it because he wanted a better life for himself and he always tells me it was the best decision he ever made!

Then I'll do it! Surely it will open many doors for me in the future when I'm going through it... Thank you so much for the advices, hon, I feel way better now!

Is she going through the perimenopause? I recall my mother was absolutely VILE at that time, and I had as little as possible to do with her for several years. As you say, as dramatic and full of mood swings as a hormone-raging adolescent.

Keep telling yourself that what she's saying to you is a reflection of who she is, not who you are! And don't, whatever you do, take it to heart, any more than you would a raging toddler who's shouting at you because they're not getting their own way!

She is, actually. She also has a tumor in her brain that's not cancerous but that could be a reason why she's extra... yeah. >_>

But, she's always been like this, growing up. All her life, she lets her anger dictates who she is.

Thanks, I will just brush her comments off from now on. Won't be easy, but I'll try!

You guys are so sweet, I'm gonna add a reputation point for anyone who posted here.

Man, I'm checking out their website and they have SOOOO many careers to choose from! They even have Mental Health services, I'm checking that out for sure!

That's cool, he sounds like he's happy with what he does! I hope I can find that happiness that you and him found... *sighs dreamily*

Mental Health services......I would prefer to listen to someone who has not gained their knowledge out of a book but through life experience.

You know....their story.

I pretty sure this is why i start debating and arguing with shrinks and counselors.

Always asking....so....do you REALLLY know what I'm going through and going from there.

Hon anytime! You know that on here you have a lot of people who care for you! I know that things are tough but I know you are a warrior and you will be able to tough this out for now! As ITD said you have a lot of potential its time to go out there and use it! You know your ENA family will be here for you. Whenever you wanna talk you know you can PM anytime!

Mental Health services......I would prefer to listen to someone who has not gained their knowledge out of a book but through life experience.

You know....their story.

I pretty sure this is why i start debating and arguing with shrinks and counselors.

Always asking....so....do you REALLLY know what I'm going through and going from there.

Oh yeah, I hear you. I hate it when they just ask you question after question... Like they seriously don't know where you're from or something. Me, I've seen it all, experienced so much (not as much as the average adult, respectively.) and so I kinda know what it's like to feel a bit depressed/nutty over life experiences.

Hon anytime! You know that on here you have a lot of people who care for you! I know that things are tough but I know you are a warrior and you will be able to tough this out for now! As ITD said you have a lot of potential its time to go out there and use it! You know your ENA family will be here for you. Whenever you wanna talk you know you can PM anytime!

Thank you so much! Can't thank you enough... I just sent a request form to them and I will hear from them soon. Can't wait!

Thank you!

Oh yeah, I hear you. I hate it when they just ask you question after question... Like they seriously don't know where you're from or something. Me, I've seen it all, experienced so much (not as much as the average adult, respectively.) and so I kinda know what it's like to feel a bit depressed/nutty over life experiences.

Thank you so much! Can't thank you enough... I just sent a request form to them and I will hear from them soon. Can't wait!

Thank you!

Girly I know I can count on you anytime!

Thanks, bro. I am the eldest, their first child. They used to spoil me when I was a baby... But around the age 12-13, that's when they decided, "Hey, she ain't all that. I hate her!"

I do see potential in what I can do and who I can become in myself as well... Thus why I'm checking out the Air Force and see what i can do there.

Maybe you should keep them at arms length. This is what I'm planning to do in the future.... Marry, move really far from my parents (hell, another country sounds damn fine by me!), and just perform very light contact with them. Like, just a few cards for Birthdays, holidays, etc. But no more than one phone call every 3-4 months...

Just like you I am the oldest too. Its a good thing that ITD asked you this question. I used to get spoiled all the time when I was younger, but as I grew things startede to change. I think it was by the time I was 10 years old. By the time I was 12-13 I was pretty much told I could not have a childhood anymore, that it was no more games and toys and it had to be all school school and school.

I think you will do great in any career path you choose to follow. If you are interested in the Air Force, then I say go for it. Don't let your past dictate who you are but let be a part who you will be.

What I choose to do is isolate myself. I spend all my time in my room. Thats pretty much my dungeon. The only time I leave is when I need to go to the can, eat, school and work. I like your idea, and I am planning on doing something similar. Another country has been my run away spot, but I've never made it there. Actually, whats hoolding me back is I don't have a passport.

What happens when you try? Do you get some sort of message?

Yeah, saying I should spread more reputation points to other people before adding another one to them "again".

Just like you I am the oldest too. Its a good thing that ITD asked you this question. I used to get spoiled all the time when I was younger, but as I grew things startede to change. I think it was by the time I was 10 years old. By the time I was 12-13 I was pretty much told I could not have a childhood anymore, that it was no more games and toys and it had to be all school school and school.

I think you will do great in any career path you choose to follow. If you are interested in the Air Force, then I say go for it. Don't let your past dictate who you are but let be a part who you will be.

What I choose to do is isolate myself. I spend all my time in my room. Thats pretty much my dungeon. The only time I leave is when I need to go to the can, eat, school and work. I like your idea, and I am planning on doing something similar. Another country has been my run away spot, but I've never made it there. Actually, whats hoolding me back is I don't have a passport.

Get a passport and just leave the past behind. You and I have unstable families and while I do feel bad for doing this, in the end, I'm done with putting up with their childish antics and it's time to be a bit selfish.

You should think about moving out on your own and never talking to your mother again until she's ready to treat you like an adult.

I like this idea, you're right, she's not treating me like an adult, she can bite it and liver her life without me in it.

Get a passport and just leave the past behind. You and I have unstable families and while I do feel bad for doing this, in the end, I'm done with putting up with their childish antics and it's time to be a bit selfish.

I really need to get it. My plan in theory is this: Get Passport> Buy Dodge SRT-4> Import to Greece> Gey my plane ticket and leave.

However, my friends and people here on ENA tell me this. Run if I have, leave the past behind behind me and concentrate on the future. Before I leave make sure I tie up and loose knots because the problems will always be there, but make sure that I am not running from the problems because they will catch up to. Instead run with the problems.

I really need to get it. My plan in theory is this: Get Passport> Buy Dodge SRT-4> Import to Greece> Gey my plane ticket and leave.

However, my friends and people here on ENA tell me this. Run if I have, leave the past behind behind me and concentrate on the future. Before I leave make sure I tie up and loose knots because the problems will always be there, but make sure that I am not running from the problems because they will catch up to. Instead run with the problems.

You don't have problems, though. They do, and it's not your fault. I like your plan, you should really do it if it means you'll be happy.

You don't have problems, though. They do, and it's not your fault. I like your plan, you should really do it if it means you'll be happy.

Well it feels like I am their problem. It's very hard getting up every morning, living day by day feeling that you don't belong anywhere. Thats one reason why I want to move. I like my plan too. My friends like it to, but they add on the "you're crazy" bit, only downfall is it costs a heck of a lot to execute.

Yeah, saying I should spread more reputation points to other people before adding another one to them "again".

The forum software limits the amount of rep points you can give to any one person to avoid people racking up points for their friends.

Brush that comment off. I know it's hard, but try living with weekly comments of "I wish I had an abortion", "I never wanted a daughter like you" etc. I honestly cannot stand my own mother. She also acts very immature and childish, wanting the last word, repeating things like, "Retarded child", and the shouting, gosh, the shouting.

My advice is to just ignore your mother through and through. That kind of trash talk is not worth hearing or remembering.

Archived