Ok well about 3 years ago, I met the love of my life. His names Todd. He was my first real boyfriend and he was my everything. I always thought life without him would be no life at all, cuz I really truly loved him with all my heart. I lost him a few times back then, and I went into a stage of depression where I couldnt eat when I thought bout him and I just wanted to die. I would have seriously gave my life up for this guy. He taught me everything. He taught me right from wrong, and how special I was. We sometimes didnt get along, and we faught alot, but that didnt mean I didnt love him. He ended up moving away. I was so heartbroken. People say they understood but if they only knew. Losing him was like losing a part of me I would never get back. He told me we would still talk and he would still love me even though he was moving. Apart of me didnt believe him. I was so afraid of losing him. Well him and I drifted apart alot in this past year. I go without talkin to him for months. I will never get over him I guess I just got use to not having him here to tell me whats what you know. He was my lover and my friend, and I miss him terribly. I always thought he was truelt my soulmate and I still think he is, I just get this feeling we are its hard to explain. I love him still and I do want to spend my life with him, but the way things are goin I may never talk to him again, but if were meant to be God has a time and place and I guess I have to wait. Its just hard to go on without your first love to guide you. I mean I was 11 when I met him and I know I was in love....I know people say kids dont know wut love is but, trust me I do. I never felt anything with n e other guy then I did with Todd. I mean I use to be in a state of obsession, now its just a thinkin period. Im thinkin bout him lots lately. I just wanted to get it out, any advice will be appreciated

wow you tow were surely in love. i remember my first love too. she was the greatest, but ofcourse a relationship just wouldnt be on if there wernt ups and downs. they teach us things like becoming a new person to adapt to your surroundings. when we broke up it was one of the worst feelings you could have. its not like when you loose a friend but alot worse. i know how u feel. what i did to get over her was to continue with my life and do my usual duties. you should defenely express your feelings to others that are close to you. but no matter what others say ot tell you, you will always remember him. things will bring back great and horrible memories. what i did was simply think about your relationship and pick out what was wrong with it and dont blame yourself. you can learn from what went wrong to becoming a better self. i really dont know how to express feelings when your first love is gone, but i hope things will go well

I agree. definitely try to learn as much as you can from the experience. The thoughts will never really go away, they will just get easier to deal with. You will always remember him, but instead of thinking what could have been just think about some happy times together, some laughs you shared, and appreciate the time you did have together. Those memories are yours forever and no one can take them from you. Also like you said...if it was meant to be...but definitely move on and see what happens. Fate has a funny way of working.