"Taking a Break" Vs "Breaking Up" Update

caveat

What are everyone's updates from this thread?

I'm relatively new to enotalone...my girlfriend and I wrestled with the idea of taking space, but eventually decided to break up because she is going through some intense personal (mental health) stuff, and decided that she can't take care of someone else's needs right now, and has to be alone in order to take care of herself. I think she's right, so it's somewhat mutual, but I'm still totally broken-hearted and in love with her and hoping that someday, when she's in a better place, we'll be able to try again. We were together for 2 years and our relationship was honest, loving, fun, connected, healthy, and strong, so I think we have a good foundation if we ever try again.

But for now, I need to try to move on, and try not to listen to the hopeful voice in my head that won't let go of the idea of getting back together someday. In my experience, the opportunity for getting back together doesn't come around until you can truly say that you'll be fine if it never happens...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump - I came accross this just at the right time. Really inspiring story of one's guys resolve to be the best he can be for himself. Im at the stage where I was strong at the bu, now feel a little beaten and bruised, and feel I need to pick myself up and do everything to make me happy and confident.

• 1 month later...
Bump - I came accross this just at the right time. Really inspiring story of one's guys resolve to be the best he can be for himself. Im at the stage where I was strong at the bu, now feel a little beaten and bruised, and feel I need to pick myself up and do everything to make me happy and confident.

seems like it it all happened a lifetime ago... We married, are expecting baby #2 soon...very happy. Some things are worth fighting for.

Caveat

• 2 months later...

Caveat - Wow, I spent all evening reading this thread in its entirety and I feel so inspired to create my own destiny. I have always felt that this is more of an opportunity than a defeat, but this has made me feel even more excited about my future. I am so grateful that you shared your story on this forum and even though I don't know you I felt so connected to your experiences.

Congratulations on the life you created and I wish you much continued happiness

• 9 months later...

Caveat, I thank you for your candid and positive message to be reborn from the ashes to all of us whose hearts were shattered.

My boyfriend of 7+ years left me out of the blue 3 weeks ago and I couldn't have found your thread any sooner. Thank you for giving me the motivation to be a better, stronger me. I will make it through on the laurels of your story. You're a real quality human being!

Archived