Is the something in the air with speaking to exes recently?

Yeah, definitely something about the holiday period.

I decided to make a bold, grand gesture by flying accross the country on Thanksgiving and telling my dumper how much I loved her.

She went ballistic at me.

I knew I was stupid thinking that because it was Thanksgiving, it was the perfect time of year..

Yeah, definitely something about the holiday period.

I decided to make a bold, grand gesture by flying accross the country on Thanksgiving and telling my dumper how much I loved her.

She went ballistic at me.

I knew I was stupid thinking that because it was Thanksgiving, it was the perfect time of year..

Was that a LDR? How long together/nc?

You know, I was told my mine that he wanted to talk to me a few weeks ago but he couldn't muster the guts...

Whatever the reason, I choose to think it's for the positive. Don't let them get to you, in fact I was happy to hear from him. I gave up thinking that he'd change his mind and come around. If I never hear from him again, then I don't... but once you do gain control of your own mind and heart, you don't rip off the bandaid as much.

I posted on another thread that I had to email my ex (he has my passport, moved out two days ago).

We were LC for a month when I was still living in his house. When I moved out I was completely prepared to go NC until I discovered my passport was missing.

I sent him a three sentence email asking him to find it and send it along with any mail that might show up to the house in spite of my changing my address.

Now he wants to chat about my cat and how he's getting along with my roommate's cat.

My question is...why does this person want to make small talk with me? When I was the dumper in my last relationship, I literally left in one day, left a letter saying I knew all about the "other woman", and I never spoke to him again. I'm a firm believer that if you TRULY don't want to be with someone anymore, you don't jerk them around by keeping yourself in their life.

I don't feel jerked around. I feel 100% sure he's never going to try to get back together with me and I feel 100% sure that even if he did, there's no way in heck I'd sign up for that dark dance again. The question is...what the heck is with the small talk? He hated the flippin cat! Now you wanna talk about the cat when you kept telling me you couldn't wait til I was gone?

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

Mine wasn't about the holidays. I owed her some money and was feeling stronger enough in the healing process, I just wanted to pay her and get it over with it. (I always intended to repay her, just wanted to do it when I had the money). I sent her an email saying I was sending the money to her parents house; I did not want the check to "disappear" (her sisters).

She calls telling me that her friends told her to call so that we can have closure. She says she doesn't care about the money!! B.S. Plus, I am not going to allow her to have the satisfaction of saying I owe her money, blah, blah, blah.

It did stir some emotions in her and she was definitely holding back tears and her feelings. It sucked (actually beautiful) to hear her voice again and to know that she still cares.

Yesterday and today, "I ripped the band-aid completely off" and it hurt like almighty hell.

NC for me as of today. I laid everything out there, so I guess it was a "closure conversation." She refused to allow herself to think about it. I am not going to give myself false hope. It was a momentary glitch on her part. She has not changed and isn't going to allow herself to.

He's the dumper! I tell my mom about the things he's said to me and she says he's confused. I say I could have told you that, and he can go right on ahead being confused because I don't want to be with anyone who's "confused" about me. Be "confused" about someone else.

The question is...do I respond to this?

He's the dumper! I tell my mom about the things he's said to me and she says he's confused. I say I could have told you that, and he can go right on ahead being confused because I don't want to be with anyone who's "confused" about me. Be "confused" about someone else.

The question is...do I respond to this?

respond to what? You should just stay NC unless he mentions recon.

Was that a LDR? How long together/nc?

Yeah LDR for about 4 years. It was not LDR all that time but went through a lot of different stages. Some time in college was not LDR.

Up to the point of the "surprise" NC had not been initiated. It was like a two week tug of war concluding with my failed trip.

Only started NC (reluctantly) on Tuesday after no response to my phone call/voicemail

Archived