Movies That Are So Gay

Hey I wanted to get some favorites from people on films and TV shows that have a theme of homosexuality. Good gay movies are so hard to find sometimes! I swear they hide or something...

Mine are:

Q***r As Folk (you guys can fill in the blanks)

Imagine Me and You

Latter Days

Well i think a great movie that expressed homosexuality is Loving Annabelle.

It is a great movie on this girl and this other teacher(which is a girl) They fall in love but the teacher denies it all until the end. Me being the person i am. I never cry...I couldnt stop. I highly recommend it, Watch it sometime.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved C.R.A.Z.Y. I need to watch that one again. Definitely way up there. Angels in America and Brokeback mountain are among my faves, too. I liked Dog Tags, but I found the two leads hard to believe as a couple. Latter Days is near the top of my list if I could rank them.

Others on my list:

Fire

Bound

Edward II (It grows on you, but not that high on the entertainment factor)

Velvet Goldmine (you gotta see it at least once)

Bangkok Love Story

DL Chronicles (not a movie, but high quality compared to most gay films I've seen)

Maurice (a gay version of Remains of the Day and other period pieces. Recommend HIGHLY!)

Get Real (a cute movie)

Clearly, I love a good gay movie!

I have mixed feelings about Brokeback Mountain. I like it for its commercial success, it even played in the theater of the hick town where I live. I did think the acting and direction was somewhat mediocre for the first part of the movie. It got a little better towards the end. Not a great movie.

Show me Love (Lesbian) - teen coming out movie

Milk (Gay & also LGBT) - about Harvey Milk - 70's Gay rights Activist & "mayor" of the Castro

Strawberries and Chocolate (Gay)

Rick and Steve (Gay and Lesbian TV series - but mostly Gay) - Gay Southpark

But I'm a Cheerleader (Lesbian) - teen coming out / Christian homophobia

Beautiful Creatures (Lesbian overtones - dark - about an intense friendship)

Shortbus (LGBT & more - character driven movie set amidst utopian sex parties in NYC)

The L word (Lesbian TV series - Melrose Place but all Lesbian)

Monster (horrific violent film - based on a true story - about a sweet and lonely Lesbian who ends up dating a "lesbian by choice" prostitute who then becomes America's first female serial killer (killer of johns).

I shot Andy Warhol (about the Lesbian separatist - author of the scum manifesto)

Even Cowgirls get the blues (Lesbian)

Anything by Jim Jarmusch (Gay - Homoerotic art films)

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (80's film about drag queens in outback Australia)

Bears (Spanish film about Bears)

Boys don't cry (about a trans guy in a small town)

Laughing Matters (Lesbian) - doco about 3 Lesbian stand up comics

A good way to find what's out there for LGBT films is to check the online catalogues of LGBT bookstores, under their DVD section.

You can also look here:

link removed

Kissing Jessica Stein

The object of my affection

Mysterious Skin (scariest movie ever)

The Object of my Affection BROKE my heart. I was in college when this movie came out (and, oddly enough, just after I had recently come out) and I was (yep, really) dating a girl at this point.

She knew I was gay, but we just had this amazing connection. And the whole thing in the movie mirrored what happened with us.

- Gia (based on a true story bout a bi model...sex, drugs... stars angelina jolie, elizabeth mitchell)

- Tipping the Velvet (3 part series)

- Fingersmith (3 part series)

- Spider Lillies

Yeah. lol.

Gia! I totally forgot about it since I saw it ages ago, but wow Angelina's preformance surprised me! It was so amazing. I highly recommend it! Tissues might be a good idea though.

Thank you all for contributing to this thread, and my own personal list of movies I have to watch! You guys rock.

Archived