Movies That Are So Gay

I saw "make the yuletide gay" the other day, ok movie; it had Adamo Ruggiero in it (with all his sexy hotness)

I just saw that on Netflix the other day. I agree, it was just okay. The movie was kind of unbelievable. But it was silly fun.

I am loving the list so far. I will be looking for some of these moves on Netflix.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

AH HA, I found it. I was wondering what happened to this thread.

anyway, I just watched "I Love You Phillip Morris", It was actually a pretty good movie. Jim Carey is the main character so of course he goes and does something crazy when it the movies starts to get serious (seriously, I almost cried near the end then he did something that pissed me off). its worth a watch, a unique love story; I don't know if it ever came out in theaters though, if not then it should have been.

and its based on a true story, forgot to add that.

• 1 month later...
- Gia (based on a true story bout a bi model...sex, drugs... stars angelina jolie, elizabeth mitchell)

- Tipping the Velvet (3 part series)

- Fingersmith (3 part series)

- Spider Lillies

Yeah. lol.

Tipping the Velvet is amazing! I love that movie, the book is good, too. I didn't know there was a movie for Fingersmith!!!! I'm reading the book now

Yes there have been, well at least in my opinion. I loved A Single Man, and it came out in theaters this past spring. The imagery is stunning and the music is incredible. If nothing else, at least look up the film score, it's worth it.

The Hours is also really good, but that was 2002, so not as new. But the acting is phenomenal, particularly with such a cast, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Nicole Kidman. I love Julianne Moore's performance in both these movies, and the music by Philip Glass lives up to his talent.

The Shelter came out in 2007 and is good if you're into happily ever after love story between good-looking gay guys who act and look like straight guys.

The Love of Siam came out in 2007 in Thailand and is heartwarming, not to mention it has Mario Maurer in it, who I think is one of the most under recognized beautiful people ever. It's a little drama-ish for me, apparently a trade mark of popular Asian movies, but doesn't over do it.

Yes there have been, well at least in my opinion. I loved A Single Man, and it came out in theaters this past spring. The imagery is stunning and the music is incredible. If nothing else, at least look up the film score, it's worth it.

"A Single Man" was really good, sad but I like sad movies

@ lukeb, Me too, I love sad or bitter sweet movies. In that case you'd definitely like The Hours, it made me cry. I guess I should add that it deals with death and the value of life from the perspective of the artist.

Also, I just saw Notes On A Scandal (2006), a psychological drama film, which had a one sided under the table lesbian premise going on between the two main characters that spirals out of control into some explosive acting by Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two movies:

Watercolors: link removed

I didn't think the acting and the directing was great, but good enough to to tell a touching story of first love.

Strapped: link removed

A little bit more of an adult story about a gay hustler, different but I enjoyed it.

Some of these have already been mentioned, but here's my list:

Better Than Chocolate (positive)

Boys Don't Cry

Brokeback Mountain

But I'm A Cheerleader (positive)

Gray Matters

High Art

Imagine Me & You

The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love (fun and lighthearted. One of the more positive gay/lesbian movies out there)

The Kids Are All Right

Latter Days

Lost & Delirious

Loving Annabelle

Milk

Mysterious Skin

Party Monster

Philadelphia

I noted some as "positive" because many gay/lesbian themed movies are pretty dark or leave an unsettling feeling. There are a couple others that don't leave me as depressed as some, but I have enjoyed all of these to some degree. I wish there were more uplifting titles out there.

• 3 months later...

Lately I have been following a story line on youtube from a British soap about a young man coming out story, it is really worth the watch.

search aaron's storyline on youtube - the story picks up around # 43 or so.

it is a soap so it takes a long time to tell the story, but if you are willing to take the time and get to know the characters, you'll find it is really well done.

Archived