Movies That Are So Gay

Prayers for Bobby is an amazing movie that I wish every homophobic and Christian was forced to watch. It's a true story about a gay man and his family as they finally learn to accept his sexuality but not before many tragic events occur because of the family's closed minds. I don't want to give away too much, so that's all I'll say, but I cried, I cried so hard when I watched this movie. I wish my family could learn to accept my sexuality.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lately I have been following a story line on youtube from a British soap about a young man coming out story, it is really worth the watch.

search aaron's storyline on youtube - the story picks up around # 43 or so.

it is a soap so it takes a long time to tell the story, but if you are willing to take the time and get to know the characters, you'll find it is really well done.

If you like this kind of thing I'm sure you'll love the Christian and Oliver storyline from the German soap opera Forbidden Love:

Thanks, kinda looked it over, and maybe I'll watch it come winter time. I don't see anything more yet than just eyecandy. I like things with a little bit more story to them, more true to life, gritty.

Yeah, it's not really gritty per se. They're just hot and go through typical soap opera-like dilemmas. It's fun if you just want to vegetate and not be that intellectually stimulated.

The Strange History of Don't Ask, its an HBO special on the end of don't ask don't tell. It was very interesting, they were allowing people who committed felonies to serve instead of gay people and 9 gay Arabic translators were discharged who could of translated the 9/11 attack before it happened.

The Strange History of Don't Ask, its an HBO special on the end of don't ask don't tell. It was very interesting, they were allowing people who committed felonies to serve instead of gay people and 9 gay Arabic translators were discharged who could of translated the 9/11 attack before it happened.

Looks very interesting, I don't have HBO but I hope to get the DVD sometime. I just got a DVD in called "Out in the Silence" very well done documentary, worth the watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Handsome Harry" (2009)

This is probably a movie that might strike a chord more with the over 40 crowd, people who have lived a little life, and inevitably may have done some things they might not be too proud of, regrets that sorta thing.

It is not a movie with a lot of action, skin or suspense but I am so glad I watched it, and feel richer for doing so.

Watched a few more movies, these stand out:

"Redwoods" -

"A very British Sex Scandal" - told in kind of documentary style story of a very courageous British newspaper reporter Peter Wildeblood in the 1950's very well done. I could only find it on youtube.

"Christopher and His Kind" - Gay life in 1930's Berlin, beautifully shot film.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to download a movie called "Together Alone" (1991)

Very interesting and thought provoking, it looks more like a play, there are only two men Bryan and Brian and the movie only takes place in Bryan's apartment. The two men wake up from a short nap after they had sex, unprotected sex as it turned out and they had just met at a bar. Anyways the movie is about them talking about a whole range of topics such as AIDS, unprotected sex, responsibility, bisexuality, etc. The two men clearly have chemistry they get into these topics with a lot of depth. A lot of the topics we talk about here, the filmmaker has a really good handle on the different viewpoints.

Highly recommended.

Archived