Why women do NOT want to ask out men?

grymoire

What I'd be curious about from anyone who jumps to conclusions about another person if he/ she did either ask/ not ask: are you ready to be equally harshly judge by other people as you are doing?

As we have established, there are many reasons why a guy might not ask a women, be it due to his personality, previous experience, lack of confidence, shyness etc (or your signals are not as obvious as you believe them to be) - immediately assuming that they are all not worthy of your attention or that they are cowards is IMHO pretty unfair. Sure it's your right to not date such a person, but come on, judging someone based on one little thing alone is a bit harsh.

I have never said that my way is the only way. I have only mentioned why I didn't ask men out. I don't really think most men are worthy of my attention in general. Honestly, I don't really see why it's so difficult asking women out. I've done it before. I've also told guys in the past that I liked them. Not really a big deal for me. And I stand by what I said about thinking someone who does not act on something due to fear is a coward. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But that will be my opinion of them.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of these reasons can be clearly interpreted as rationalizations for your fear of rejection. You don't want to be rejected by a man you've made your interest undeniably clear to and as a woman, you don't have to. So, if he doesn't ask you out, he must not be good enough for you.

Boy, those grapes must be sour.

No, it's not sour grapes. I'm not particularly interested in a very passive man who needs to be chased. So, if he's too nervous/shy to ask me out, then there is a good chance we are not a good fit, that's not a trait I like in a partner. That's just my choice, it's not a rationalisation or a fear of rejection. It's my preference in a partner.

All of these reasons can be clearly interpreted as rationalizations for your fear of rejection. You don't want to be rejected by a man you've made your interest undeniably clear to and as a woman, you don't have to. So, if he doesn't ask you out, he must not be good enough for you.

Boy, those grapes must be sour.

lol Like I said earlier, I am not very interested in men or dating in general. I suppose it may sound like I fear rejection, but I don't believe that's the case. I've never asked a guy out because I don't like dating, however, I have told guys in the past of my feelings for them, which IMO, involves more vulnerability then simply asking someone out.

This little thing reminded me of these lyrics,

"I have suffered

For your sins

But now is when

My fun begins

If I hit you

You turn your cheek

You are righteous

But you are weak"

It doesn't have anything to do with it, but I don't know if these men appreciate being called cowards, weak, human rodents, I would guess this is why women in here note an underlying anger on some posts.

Archived