Hi Inanna,

I am sorry to hear that.

What you need to do is to talk to her. Make her see that life is all about overcoming setbacks and learning from it. One failure does not spell the end of our lives.

Try to occupy her time with pleasant things. A walk in the park, do some window shopping, bring her for coffee at some nice cafe...etc. Try to get her out of the house. Being alone at home might induce her to become more depressed. If that's not possible, use the phone. You may want to approach a counsellor, with your friend's approval of course.

Be there for her yah? Keep us posted.

I just went through this also, id say i was >

its the pain your going through, the memories, the dreams, the shock, and desperation, all i wanted to do is stop the pain, i felt there was no hope for me.

im just trying to relate what i was feeling that could help you help your friend.

I dont know what the conditions were of the break up, but ill tell you what got that idea out of my head real quick, I got mad! you see i was running off to do myself in, i just didnt want to live in a world where people could be so evil and heartless, and my ex-girlfriend calls my buddy to tell him, not to take my near her ex-husbands. would you believe that, i gave here 4 loving years and was about to off myself, and she was worried about me ruining her chances at getting back with her ex!. that pissed me off, and it soon popped into my head that there was nothing wrong with me, i didnt do anything wrong, that she IS the monster and is just not plain worth it, heck if i had killed myself, she would be using that as "a" reason for her doing what she did, I didnt give her that pleasure. she had no reason and has no reason, all our friends knows what she did, and she feels bad, not about what she did to me, but because of what others know now about her.

So now i hate just HER, not myself, not life, and not women, these forums have helped me greatly, as it gives me hope for the future, as i see that im not the only, good hearted loving and sensitive person in the world, that there are men and women (like your friend) that are of the same spirit.

P.S.

Innana, Gilgamesh likes that name