boyfriend deletes all text messages

JayRo

even if he were deleting messages from her, it's still no cause for concern. some people just don't like the clutter on their phone. I delete my texts/emails each day from my phone b/c I don't like my inbox being full and cluttered.

Same thing here. I know my bf was suprised I always had 0 messages, but he's never thought I was hidding something. I think he wished I've kept at least some of his. Too me, they're all just TEXTS with no deeper meaning.

But whoa, as I can see from your other posts you seem like a insecure person, or at least the one who reads too much into things. If I were in your boyfriend's shoes, I would feel chocked and needed space too, not to say I would seriosly question your trust in me, and what's behind that if it happens after 3 years together. Only you know. Work on yourself and relax!

...but everytime I've noticed that someone delets there texts like that, it's cause they are hiding something.

How would you know if "someone" is deleting their text messages unless you are checking their phone?

When you say "everytime", are you inferring that you check someone else's text messages regularly?

you dont need to constantly check a phone to notice that they delete their messages

I checked my bfs once a while back and his inbox, only had my messages

of course there can always be the slight possibility that Im the only person in the planet that texts him..

still, I do agree is disrespectful, I only did it once and promised myself to devote my energy to more productive things, such as the relationship!!!!

you dont need to constantly check a phone to notice that they delete their messages

I checked my bfs once a while back and his inbox, only had my messages

of course there can always be the slight possibility that Im the only person in the planet that texts him..

still, I do agree is disrespectful, I only did it once and promised myself to devote my energy to more productive things, such as the relationship!!!!

Good answer. Even better that he never had to bring that to your attention himself.

I feasible to assume that he is hidding something from you since he is deleting a lot of txt messages. I would assume that the general population of the people do not delete their txt messages right away, they would store them for a period of time then delete them when their inbox is full or partially full. I would assume the txts that you send him, the ones he saves, have some sort of meaning to him and thats why keeps them. Is there the possibility that he is cheating on you, I guess its possible since anything is possible in this world. But if they are messages from his family member then I would say you have nothing to worry about. Give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is not cheating. Trust and Communication are the two keys things in the relationship. You need to have trust in him that he is not cheating and if your suspicious then ask him if he is cheating on you or not. I think you might be over reacting.

Personally, I delete all my txt messages. Sometimes I keep them for maybe a week or two. Sometimes I will delete them after my txt conversation has finished. I usually get rid of htem since I have a BlackBerry and sometimes I need to clear them up because the phone starts to lag on me. I also have automatic memory cleaning as an option, I keep it off but if I turn it on, it will delete them.

Why do you even check his phone in the first place?

What caused you to pick it up that first time and check?

Was there distrust from the start? have you always wondered?

Have you ever asked him who's the text off? when my partner get a text, or if hes on his pc an is randomly typing I say "Who loves you?" and he says "oh so-and-so" or something. But I don't check ... Even when his phone is right next to me, and it beeps. I just tell him someone loves him, and it isn't me this time!

• 2 weeks later...

Not hiding anything.

Too many text messages mess your phone up. They take up a lot of memory. If you get a bunch of them they fill up fast. If you're getting some important ones and some not so important ones it's SO much easier to just sort them out right away, rather than wait until you have 1,000 and have to sift through deleting only the ones that you don't want.

I do this -all- the time. I keep messages from my best friend only, the rest I delete instantly to make room for her text messages. Makes sense.

Someone mentioned that he would have to be very brave or very stupid to let you see him respond and delete text messages with you right there. Let me tell you something: I had an affair a while back, and during the affair I would constantly receive and send messages to the OM (other man, for those who don't know) while my husband sat beside me. Why? Because deep down I think I knew he would never suspect a thing. He trusted me. By doing it in plain view, it made the messages seem casual and innocent.

I'm not saying he's cheating on you. It could be that he only keeps messages he deems important. If he does receive a lot of messages, it would only make sense to get rid of the unimportant ones. Hell, I used to get TONS of messages a day (finally had to switch to an unlimited plan because I kept going over my allotted minutes) and had to habitually empty my inbox. I saved messages as I saw fit.

But if you still have reason to doubt (and it seems you do have some trust issues with him, otherwise your mind wouldn't immediately wonder if he's doing something behind your back), then you could always check his logs and see what numbers are receiving messages.

Honestly, I wouldn't advise doing this. It does show distrust. If you have no other reason to believe he would be cheating on you, you might want to consider the possibility that you're just being paranoid.

Archived