Just wondering, about first time bleeding...

-Sanguine-

So it happened.. my boyfriend and I had sex last night for the first time. He's not a virgin, but I was. Needless to say, it was painful for me. He was gentle, which was nice.

I was expecting to bleed, but I wasn't really sure what to expect.

At the time that it happened, I bled only a little. But later that night, I went to the bathroom, and there was a whole lot more. I was surprised.

Is this normal? And it's so weird, my friend on her first time didn't experience any pain, didn't bleed, and was able to do it multiple times. While I had pain, bleeding, and we did it once.

Anyways, just curious if bleeding quite a bit is normal...?

I bled quite heavily for several days - I was beginning to get quite worried as I'd always imagined you just bled a little and that was it!

People all differ but you're within the norm I'd say.

P.S. Your friend must have already broken her hymen, which can happen in various ways - tampax, sport, masturbation...

Lol, the first time I had sex the guy didn't even break my hymen... He was too small... (Poor Guy). I found out later when I was masturbating (experienting with different things)... and it came off... and bled... was so weird... It's like, I knew I wasn't a virgin, but load and behold my hymen was still intact haha.

Don't worry too much though sweetie. Your body just reacted differently then hers. Sometimes it hurts, othertimes it doens't.

Yes it's normal. Not all women bleed the first time as not all experience pain. Mine is quite similar to yours. While it was painful the first time, I did not bleed at all. It was in the 3rd or 4th time that it a lot more painful and I did bleed there. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me...

ouch, that wouldn't be cool. I'd rather get it over with all during the first time if possible, lol. hope I don't have to go through anymore bleeding, I think it's stopped somewhat. but if I do, oh well.

I didn't start to bled until after the second time we had sex and it came out little by little for more than a week. The blood was darker than the usual period and I had checked in with my doctor to see what it was (at the time I didn't think breaking the hymen would lead me to bleed for so long) but he figured we were probably going at it a little rougher and there was probably just some scar tissue.

Archived