Post here instead of contacting your ex!

You know, I browse the forums on this site from time to time and finally felt compelled to make an account after reading a lot of the replies on this thread.

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me about a month and a half ago so this is what I have to say to him:

Although you broke up with me and I am writing this message, I really do not want to get back with you. The person who you exposed yourself to be in the end left me with confusion and I cannot help but wonder where the other you went. You said you would never leave me, no matter what I did. You said you would fight for me, but you gave up. When you broke up with me, you blamed me for everything. At that point, I was sad but I also had enough of your immaturity and lack of honesty so I accepted the break-up and began to move on. I texted you a few weeks after to see how you were (because I surprisingly missed you) and you acted really nice to me. We met to exchange our things the next day and you were still nice but kept rushing. Although you are usually expressionless, you looked completely different when I saw you. You looked worn out. Afterwards, you told me you couldn't handle talking to me and that you weren't over the break-up and didn't think you ever would be.

What? At that point I thought you were playing games. How could you, the DUMPER, say that to me? Did you want me to feel sorry that you broke up with me? The next day I confronted you about your lying, and when I found out through a mutual friend that you lied again, I flipped out on you and we exchanged harsh words. I texted you several days later and you had the audacity to blame me for everything again. Not once did you take the blame for anything. I texted you about a week and a half ago and I still haven't heard from you.

Like I said, I don't want to get back with you. I just want to know what the heck happened. If you loved me just a tad bit, it's the least you can do. I'm moving on, but closure sure would help quicken the process.

What do you mean when you say you'll love me forever. What do you mean when you say you're not sure of the way forwards. What do you mean when you say I am so special and you love me beyond words. Be honest, you don't want me anymore. Tell me to move on. Just tell me it's over.

Why did you take me out and walk hand in hand with me on the beach, and hold my hand accross the table. Why did you cuddle me on the pier. Why do all that and then shut me down again. I am a person too. I don't deserve it. You are so cruel and so selfish. I loved you with every fibre of my body/ I changed who I was for you. I put myself through the hardest times just to be with you. What have you done for me besides shatter my heart into a million pieces. What did I ever do to deserve it. I had no doubts of how you felt for me, now I realise it must have been a lie. I am hurting so much. I am so ruined. I wish I never met you

You know what, originally I was beside myself at the thought of working with you. But since you have been in regular contact with me, I am realising that I don't want you at all. Maybe this has worked out for the best. Although I still think of you constantly, I don't miss you, have no desire to see you or even want to be in the same room as you.

I am no longer sad and I can feel a hate for you creeping up.

I'm soooooo much prettier than you not only physically- Remember when you said I was out of your league? You were right- and again, physical appearance has nothing to do with it. I treated you better than you deserved. I loved you more than i should have. And even though you were the biggest jerk to me- if you needed me I'd still be there. I don't want you as a boyfriend. You were the worst. I am a beautiful person on the inside. I care for others, and help them, just like I helped you. Everyone says I'm a sweetheart, so loving and honest, down to earth, one of a kind. No one has treated me anything close to as horrible as you have. You were just plain mean.I feel sorry for you. Thats why sucky things happen to you- and great things have been happening to me

This weekend i wanted to slap myself thinking about all the times I helped you financially(I spent thousands on you!)- and how I have nothing but you treating me like crap to show for it. Then guess what? I got a surprise bonus check at work

I'm a lucky girl. Amazing things are happening for me. Only 22 and I have a great job, I'm reaching my goals, and the kindest people are coming into my life. Great things happen to good people! Wish you could have been a part of this great life- but that's your loss!

Your friend is openly, sexually flirting with me now. Seriously, the texts he sent me tonight were so suggestive... My friends think I should hook up with him just to make you jealous. I don't know if you even would be, and as tempting as it is, I'm not willing to use him like that. At least, I'm not that desperate yet.

Last night I remembered how you went to A with your cousin for ONE night, came back and added a girl you had met at a bus shelter on FB. You actually remembered her name, came back, searched for her the SAME night you came back...I was here pining over you, putting you on a pedestal because you have NO faults, you are loyal, faithful, etc etc and it would have never ended had it not been for ME. You are no better, you just talk less and I have never known what's in that head of yours. You used to say I spend too much time on FB, now you are constantly online, I don't want to know what you are doing, who you are chatting to, it's none of my business. You are NOT the great man I thought you were, because if you were GREAT you would have not walked out. Clearly, you are NOT that great. End of.

I made a list of the traits that my "ideal man" would have. And guess what, you are nowhere close. You are nothing special and now that I have taken off the "rose-colored glasses" and took you off the pedestal, I know that well. Then why the hell am I still in love with you?

I know you are not good enough for me and I'm much better off without you. And even then I still love you and deep down I wish you would come back to me. I'm such an idiot.

I log in to facebook and who do I see in the "People You May Know" column? Her and your sister. Stupid facebook lol

I can hear fireworks being loosed off and i'm in bed on the laptop...for the past nine years weve always watched the fireworks together and i'm here wishing you were here to watch them with me and it probably hasn't even crossed your mind. you say its just a break up but you know how much i need you...say what ever you need to to help yourself sleep at night.

you think because you've left me with a roof over my head and bring the dog food that it's o.k that you've just me here...your not thinking about me anymore and you always did..you were the only one that did...its horrible not having that anymore...you think i'm o.k or i will be or i have to be...that i have no choice that i have to let you go and i know i do too but i'm still scared and you've never once made me scared..you were the one that protected me for so long

I suppose this means I am making progress! I was trying to remember why I fell in love with you in the first place, what made you so special, and I can't remember! Most of the things I loved about you were traits that I thought you posessed (kindness, honesty, etc.), but you don't. I still love you as a person, as the man whom I loved so deeply, with whom I shared so many great experiences... but that's it. I don't see anything else that makes you deserve what I'm feeling for you.

I can't wait for that day when you won't even cross my mind anymore.