Would you do this to your friend?

confused25

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this . . .

One of my best friends Katy has a really messy relationship with a guy Cory she used to go out with.

Now Cory already has a gf that he has been off and on with for about 3-4 years I want to say. Cory actually cheated on his gf to be with Katy, but they eventually broke it off and Cory got back with his now gf. He never told his gf what had happened so the girl is clueless! Even after the breakup, Cory and Katy kept in touch and hung out from time to time. They also talk to each other on the phone quite often and Katy still acts like he is her bf, even though she claims that they are just "friends". None of us approve of this because we think Cory is slimeball and he is just two-timing Katy and his gf. But Katy claims that their relationship is actually really "innocent", and that they just hang out and talk to each other because they click. Mind you they actually hooked up once during all this "friendship"!

He also recently confided to Katy that he is planning on proposing to his gf in the near future. We have been constantly lecturing Katy that she needs to cut off all ties with Cory since he is now seeing someone else and it would not be fair to the other girl if Katy continues to be the other woman (or friend as she claims). I think Katy really is sick of hearing all this from us and defends herself and Cory constanly.

Is it wrong for us to step in and making her cut off all ties? Are we stepping over our boundary as friends? Should we continue letting her to see him since she is a grown woman and has the right to choose who she wants to be friends with? I just feel bad for Cory's gf even though I do not know her and I also do not want Katy to be hurt in the end. What would you guys have done?

You can't stop her from doing anything. You aren't the fidelity police......All you can do is state how you feel about the situation. She's gonna make her own decisions be it good or bad.

In all honesty, I believe that if someone is constantly talked down to about the choices they are making, they are more inclined to continue making those bad choices.

I understand your concerns cause you also dont want HER getting hurt either. Your just trying to be a good friend to make her realize the people she could hurt and herself. But if she wont listen she just has to learn the hard way. Let her do what she wants. Shell realize in the end what you tried to tell her.

Your friend seemed to be so immature. It is in here to understand that, if she's the true gf and you know nothing what is going on to your bf when you're not together, you'll look so stupid. She should understand as a woman. Maybe she is still hoping that Cory will get back to her..

Archived