Now I am worried

Maybe I am overreacting, but not sure.

I posted a thread this morning about how what I did last night could have been perceived as "flirting" with my friend, but not sure.

I signed onto WoW this afternoon after resting for a bit. My friend was playing online. He didn't greet me (but then he doesn't always greet me either). It depends if he sees if I am online or not.

I played for a bit then went to greet him and right as I was typing it in, he signed off.

A while later I texted him about something concerning WoW and he hasn't texted back.

Do you think he or his gf might be upset with me and thought I was trying to flirt with him last night, hence why he won't respond to me?

Or u think I am way overreacting?

I really don't want to lose these friends

Wow! Yes, that was my vague attempt at a pun.

Take a step back and just see how unimportant this whole thread of thinking is. He signed off while you were typing him a message. Maybe he was finished for the day, for the moment. What is there really to stress about? Really?

Then you texted him. What if he doesn't have credit? Is thinking he will get back to you at a more opportune time, was in the shower and missed it.

Why are you stressing over such little things?

He has unlimited messaging. I have texted with him before and he responds in a timely fashion.

I was just worried that maybe he or his gf might have picked up on my weirdness last night and thought I liked him or was flirting with him and decided to ignore me.

I could be very wrong too.

I texted him mainly as a way to reassure myself that he wasn't upset with me or avoiding me, esp after what I thought was me being weird/tired last night.

I stress over things because I worry about my friendships. They are fragile and I don't wish to lose them

Well, more likely than not he probably didn't pick up on anything and the sign off thing and no text back thing are coincidental (maybe he hasn't texted because he is very busy... I know sometimes it takes me a while to text back...)

Or maybe he picked up on it and is backing off for a bit just to see how you react. I wouldn't read too much into it, though, and would just try to stay relaxed and not push too much communication.

I hope others will provide better input, but this is what I think and I think it'll be alright for you.

Maybe your friendships are fragile b/c of your incessant worrying, rather than you worry that they're too fragile. B/c you allow your best friend to dangle his friendship in front of you like it's a reward for good-doing, you feel like your other friendships are going to be the same way, and if you don't do constant good, they're going to take away their friendship.

It starts with you. Don't allow your best friend to treat you that way and you'll stop molding your other friendships in the same way. I know you didn't bring up your friendship with your best friend in this thread, but it seems like b/c that relationship is so very toxic that it's affecting your other relationships. Only you can put a stop to that.

If you don't have a crush on him, then I doubt that you did anything to give that impression, tired or not.

Thus it is more likely that you are fretting about something were there is nothing to fret about.

Since this seems to be a really nice friend/ group of friends, I urge you to work on finding better ways to cope with your anxiety and not to allow it to affect this friendship. Friends usually don't like it if they have to constantly be justifying themselves why they didn't respond/ have time for you immediately

Archived