I really want to believe people aren't this awful...

You know, studies have shown that many sociopaths and murderers started out by maiming and or killing animals.

Ugh. I know. I keep thinking of Jeffrey Dahmer and the horrible things he admitted to doing to animals. He went on to do even worse things to people -- over 30 of them. It's scary. There's just something that is completely missing in these people -- something that the rest of us have -- and that one thing makes them wholly incapable of feeling any empathy, compassion, or remorse. Sociopathy is frightening to me. I can't fathom anyone being capable of having no regard for others, no compassion, no capacity for empathy.

I still can't get that poor squirrel out of my head. I know he's in a better place, and at least his death was quick (at least I hope it was!) I'm thinking that what bothers me so much about this is not the squirrel, but the actions of that driver. I am just blown away at the callousness and appalling lack of humanity that some people exhibit. It breaks my heart.

I would have reacted the same way as you. The world is full of some of the most disgusting scum that if I had my way would be simply shot in the face and wiped out of the gene pool. Be careful, there is worse out there. Stories that have made me want to cry so much. People who kill for fun are not even worthy of being spat upon on in my eyes.

Even animals I don't especially like I still can't bear to kill. Pigeons for example are annoying but I still feel sadness when I drive past a squished one while on the bus.

Oh god, that makes me absolutely sick, and SO angry. I just don't understand why people go through such lengths to do horrible things to defenseless little animals.

I would've reacted the same way you did, with the exception that I probably would have gotten extremely angry and freaked out at her in some (probably unhealthy) way.

Take comfort (little, I know) that the poor thing didn't suffer... Ugh. Just reading this made me tear up. I've been a member of various animal rights organizations over the years, sometimes I think I care about animals more than people , though probably because they're just so defenseless and helpless.

God this post made me mad

uhhh, your post brought tears to my eyes when I read it....I don't know how some people have a heart to purposefully kill animals......i know sometimes there is not enough time to move out of the way (especially with the way people drive these days) but I try to look at it like this....when they get runover, it happens so fast that death was instant so there was no suffering. I try to tell myself this over and over when i see dead animals so that I don't end up crying hysterically when I'm driving.

I do feel your pain. It rips my heart out when I see people committing harmful acts against animals...

Archived