Clothing Brands

hockeyplaya44

I'm curious to know how much clothing brands attract everyone's attention. Personally, I don't care what a girl is wearing at all as long as it looks good.

I thought of this because I recently started buying more expensive clothes and have gotten a lot of compliments on it.

One day I was with a group of friends and saw our reflection in a store window. We looked like a bunch of clones haha. I decided that I didn't want to wear the same clothes as everyone else so I looked for some new ones. I tried to find cheaper stuff but couldn't find anything that looked nice so I decided to go expensive instead. My family is wealthy and I've never been one to flaunt it so I stayed away from expensive brands in the past. But I'd rather have different clothes than my friends haha.

So recently I've started wearing Armani, Hugo Boss etc. and I have had plenty of girls compliment me on the clothes. Based on what I've seen people write on here, I was under the assumption that women didn't care at all, but in the real world I've experienced much different.

Any Thoughts?

i wear skater punk type clothes. i hate the button up shirts with the collars. everyone out here wears those. mine is a nice skater shirt (within good taste) that fits semi-tight at the top and shows my shoulders and arms and hangs down. very form fitting. crazy belt, but nice, nice jeans and of course nice expensive skate shoes. usually and oversized watch too. i love my style. some girl doesn't like it, then i'm not her type. oh well.

and i make sure my belt matches my shoes.

i wear skater punk type clothes. i hate the button up shirts with the collars. everyone out here wears those. mine is a nice skater shirt (within good taste) that fits semi-tight at the top and shows my shoulders and arms and hangs down. very form fitting. crazy belt, but nice, nice jeans and of course nice expensive skate shoes. usually and oversized watch too. i love my style. some girl doesn't like it, then i'm not her type. oh well.

and i make sure my belt matches my shoes.

A common fashion misconception

Or so the experts say haha.

The fashion police say you're supposed to. But the new age fashion police say you don't HAVE to anymore haha.

well, it's burned in my head. sometimes i wear a studded belt that doesn't match anything. just when i feel really badass for the day. lol

I don't look at the brands, but like to feel the fabric. Just got some nice designer t-shirts, at half price. I've got work gear, casual garb, and "knock their socks off" stuff.

And holey jeans I won't stop wearing.

They care to an extent. A women loves a guy in a pair of jeans that fit him. Think of nice clothes as another step in presenting your best self to the world. It all adds up in the end.

I'm slender, so I have to think about clothing a little bit more than the average sized person. Frankly, some clothing is just huge on me, even though it's a 'small.'

I've been complemented on my $10 tee-shirt from Target as well as my $45 DKNY dress shirt from Macy's (this is about the most I will spend!). I got them because they fit me very well.

If a woman was simply attracted to the brand - and not at all me - then I wouldn't talk to her. However, some expensive brands just, flat out, fit better than the cheaper ones.

I'm slender, so I have to think about clothing a little bit more than the average sized person. Frankly, some clothing is just huge on me, even though it's a 'small.'

I've been complemented on my $10 tee-shirt from Target as well as my $45 DKNY dress shirt from Macy's (this is about the most I will spend!). I got them because they fit me very well.

If a woman was simply attracted to the brand - and not at all me - then I wouldn't talk to her. However, some expensive brands just, flat out, fit better than the cheaper ones.

It's tough to know if she's using the brand as a conversation piece or if she only likes me for the brand haha.

I guess everyone's different, BUT, I have never given a crap about the brand of clothing a guy wears. As long as his clothing fits him well, that's all I care about.

I agree. Women couldn't care less unless they're dating you for your money.

Having said that though, more expensive, designer clothes seem to give a more flattering fit vs the typical frumpy-ness you'd get from lower-end brands. This is not always the case though.

lol. RedWingsFan beat me to my point because I was trying to be PC with my comment.

Fitting properly is kind of what I was getting at. Seems like a good pair of jeans will run you a bit but fit very well. Wearing stuff that fits does wonders.

brands don't matter but style does to me. it's just another way of communicating who you are.

i do receive compliments from women on my clothing, but it's more along of how its put together, fits, and having a sense of style...some brands actually deserve their rep because they are indeed higher quality, look better and fit better so i can see the correlation there, but just a name is irrelevant.

i like women who know how to dress too.

i don't care about name brand stuff. most of my clothes come from target and second-hand stores and i like it. i don't care if a guy wears clothes from target or hugo boss. as long as he looks nice.

i tend to think certain designers have the stupidest looking clothes ever. clothes with the big ass logo on them just don't do it for me and i'm more likely to laugh at a guy for wearing that than i am to think he looks sharp b/c he's wearing a certain designer. and if it's anything ed hardy, ever, i immediately think he's a douche.

On the less expensive end of the spectrum, Target and Old Navy clothes are actually pretty good. Seriously. I have a couple shirts and scarves from them.

Also, I agree that expensive clothes with oversized brand logos look absolutely ridiculous. It's like, "Look at me everyone! I'm wearing this butt ugly $100 Lacoste polo, but I don't care because it's Lacoste! And you know it's Lacoste because the alligator takes up half the shirt!" lol

On the less expensive end of the spectrum, Target and Old Navy clothes are actually pretty good. Seriously. I have a couple shirts and scarves from them.

Also, I agree that expensive clothes with oversized brand logos look absolutely ridiculous. It's like, "Look at me everyone! I'm wearing this butt ugly $100 Lacoste polo, but I don't care because it's Lacoste! And you know it's Lacoste because the alligator takes up half the shirt!" lol

lol! i think old navy in canada is diff from the old navy in the state. i used to like old navy but now the quality is HORRIFYING. i'd be able to wear their stuff maybe... 5 times? top.

I don't look at the brands, but like to feel the fabric. Just got some nice designer t-shirts, at half price. I've got work gear, casual garb, and "knock their socks off" stuff.

And holey jeans I won't stop wearing.

Good boy.

The feel and quality of the material is far more important to me than the brand. I've had some expensive clothes that have practically fallen apart in 3 washes and some cheaper brands that lasted years.

If you are going to spend money on clothes, then jeans are the place to spend it.

also, I've always loved men who wear fleeces in the winter. They're not the most stylish things out there, but they're soft and cosy to snuggle up to.

Old navy stuff to me is crap. I've never been able to wear stuff from there more than a few times before it tore orjust fell apart before my very eyes. I bought a jeans skirt there recently just b/c I needed a jeans skirt but I don't pit much stock in its quality.

Personally, I never look at the brand of clothes. I don't care. What matters to me is the fit and the quality of the piece.

As far as more expensive clothes vs. cheaper ones, the pricier clothes may have a better quality material therefore it hangs better making for a better fit.

As far as fit goes, I am a huge fan of tailoring. Its not that expensive and it take take a nice pair of pants or a shirt and to a whole new level. When you are more comfortable you are more confident, and that wears better than any piece of clothing.

Hmm. I've heard people complain about ON quality, but I guess I've been lucky. I haven't been there in a couple years, but I still have a couple of ON collared, button-down shirts that still look new. Ironically, a Banana Republic shirt I bought way after those two is long gone. Same with one from Express. The Express one literally fell apart.

Archived