Leaving your partner for someone else

Circe

No, it doesn't make you a bad person because you are actively trying to work out and see if your relationship can be saved. You are also contemplating being single and starting over. You aren't running off because you hit a rough patch for the supposedly greener fields. If you do wish to continue to save your relationship, I would stay away from the crush. The feeling of falling in love with someone is not the same as having a crush. The feeling of falling in love...it literally becomes an emotional affair because you are falling in love with who that person is and is cultivated every single day. A crush, on the other hand, is an infatuation, nothing more-an image of who you think that person is in your mind. I do applaud you though and wish you the best of luck. Either with working on the relationship or leaving to remain single and starting over. Good luck

I am in a relationship with a woman who left her husband for me, I am not the only reason but ultimately that is what happened. Situation has a lot to do with it as does culture, she was abused for years emotionally and sometimes physically she believed it was normal and this is what women had to endure in her culture. She has been demonised by her family and some of her friends because of what she did, but at the end of the day I showed her a different life away from abuse and emotional distress.

Was she wrong for leaving him.. not at all no one she have to go through what she did and i believe if she had the strength she would have left a long time ago but her culture and fear of her ex and how her family and friends would react stopped her. I came along befriended (it was only a friendship) her and love grew, love stronger and more complete than either of us have ever felt before. We will have our problems in the future we know this and will struggle for a few years due to past mistakes etc. But to give up this chance of actually finding what people write poems, stories and songs about would be madness.

We never cheated physically, maybe emotionally close to the end of her actually telling her husband she was leaving. But what we did I do not think was in any way evil she had a bad life and did not have the strength to leave, I gave her that strength and we are happy after a few bumps in the road. We have a single life and she gave him a lot of her life hoping he would change and stop being abusive but he did not. She was wasting her life in a loveless abusive relationship, she now has a loving caring and compassionate partner, anyone in the same situation would do the same thing.

To the people who were cheated on through no fault of their own, be happy that you got out of the relationship some people can not grasp the concept of fidelity and you are better off without them. See it as a turning of the page not an ending of the story, use the pain you feel to drive yourself forward finding someone that will appreciate you.

^ seeing that she emotionally cheated on her husbund, she'll probably do it to you too.

She might, then again she might not. Life is way to short for me not to take the risk, anyone could at some point cheat so we risk every time we open ourselves up to a relationship.

If it did happen I only have myself to blame and I will not dwell on the fact and move on, however I do not think she will and this is why I am willing to take the jump.

Archived