Rekindling the spark in marriages how?

I wanted to post this for those who seem to give up too easily when they could be reigniting the passion for their partners..

Please feel free to add to ideas to reignite the passion and relationship with your partner . Maybe someone will read this in internet land and maybe try this stuff.

I for one last year found a bit of a lull in my relationship and to spark it up as we should occassionally I took her to a nice jazz bar on the harbour which we have never done and left the children with relatives. It was nice to see her in a different light than the mundane atmosphere of home..washing and housework and for her to realise that love and passion still dwell inside me for her..we reconnected even closer..

I just feel it is important to keep the relationship fresh and stay attracted to our spouses..

So do you care to share how you keep your married life interesting and passion high for each other?

We bought a card long ago and we write a little something for each other and we hide it for the other one to find it. Everytime the other one finds it we read it together and then the one who found it will write something that reminds of each other and hide it for the other to find. We've been doing this for months

Just take the children away and it makes a big difference.

He doesn't have to take me out or do anything fancy. I'll usually be happier and more receptive if I'm not constantly drained out.

Thats a very good point. It seems that just by being rested and not having the litllies around can give us time to focus on each other.Still I feel a change of environment from the norm can help..Even a walk near a river ..some where nice..to have a can of drink and chocolate and cuddle.Its got to help

Its nice to regain that sense of familiarity come back into relationships this way.

*A "Date night" in which you are child free is a must.

*Sending little notes, e-mails , texts, (whatever format works best) throughout the day

*If you think you partner looks good/sexy- speak up and compliment him/her

*Reminisce about past experiences

*sensual massage

*give one another another personal time to feel "sexy"- it's always nice to be able to shower/pamper yourself/ dress up nicely -but that can be hard to accomplish with a child around. I feel my best when I think I LOOK my best. If I don't have to take my 2 year old in the batrhoom with me when I shower- it sure helps. This article is a good one if babies are in the picture: link removed the part about SGI's is so true.

*A "Date night" in which you are child free is a must.

*Sending little notes, e-mails , texts, (whatever format works best) throughout the day

*If you think you partner looks good/sexy- speak up and compliment him/her

*Reminisce about past experiences

*sensual massage

*give one another another personal time to feel "sexy"- it's always nice to be able to shower/pamper yourself/ dress up nicely -but that can be hard to accomplish with a child around. I feel my best when I think I LOOK my best. If I don't have to take my 2 year old in the batrhoom with me when I shower- it sure helps. This article is a good one if babies are in the picture: link removed the part about SGI's is so true.

This is very good Belladonna.

I speak to alot of men and the number one complaint is that the woman does not make an effort to be sexy for them or that their wife is not showing interest in lovemaking. It goes for both sexes but its guys that have said this to me time and time again. I feel that guys should make an effort to make her feel wanted ,sexy and the woman should start looking at her man as the same sexy man she met from the beggining except after a few years this person is the one youve grown with. Its a special romantic bond when you think of it.

I feel that the main point is to rekindle and reinforce the intimacy in relationships.

Guys...get a cookbook..get a book on massage as mentioned...get some sandal wood incense .Get rid of the kids...cook a nice meal(if you can lol) turn off the lights..get candles lighting the house...red wine..gert dressed nicely..make her feel special.She is the one..she is yours after all. Give her a nice tension releasing massage(read the book first hehe). Have the bath with candles..sandal wood incense burning..once she eats she can soak in heaven ..if shes not too tired..the rest is up to you.

I think you may be getting the drift...dont let things get stale with your partners..

If you find yourself looking at other women or men with desire ..STOP RIGHT THERE!! Ask yourself..what is it missing in my life? What am I doing wrong to have me thinking about someone else? More often than not men and women will see things in others that they lack.The trick is that these are really alarm bells for you to stop ..step back and start talking to your partner and making an effort to make your relationship stronger .

I can personally say that my wife is the sexiest woman in my life. I dont even like flirting .It is not always easy to upkeep but it makes it all the more worthwhile.

Archived