How many dates would you go on without a kiss?

Knotty

^ That made me laugh ScorpioGal. I think you misunderstood me. I couldn't kiss someone I wasn't attracted to either. But there's a difference between initial attraction and serious interest. You can kiss someone and it won't necessarily lead to continued dating. Other times you kiss and you know right away that it's going to lead to something beyond casual dating.

Think back to teenage games like spin the bottle. It's meant to teach you this lesson.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I find all this.. amazing.

I've set it a personal goal to not kiss on the mouth until marriage vows have been exchanged. I know that's pretty conservative and all but man... sounds like most of you guys are the other extreme.

Not saying you guys are wrong to be doing that or anything just... weird to me.

I've set it a personal goal to not kiss on the mouth until marriage vows have been exchanged. I know that's pretty conservative and all but man... sounds like most of you guys are the other extreme.

I gotta test drive the car before I buy it!

There is no limit on how long.

I'm gonna quote myself on this one, because I saw someone say they want to wait till marriage.

I would wait a long time....but till marriage? Dunno about that.

I highly doubt someone would want to marry someone who has never even kissed before. That would probably be a tad too inexperienced.

I respect anyone with different ideas, but I could never do this in a million years. Compatibility is very important in a relationship. Not only how well you click in terms of conversations, but also physically, and in this case; how right it feels when you kiss. I can not imagine getting married, only to find after you start kissing that person, that it does not feel as you thought it would, and you do not like it.

To answer the original question: depends on the person and situation, but a nice, lingering kiss..can do wonders.

^ That made me laugh ScorpioGal. I think you misunderstood me. I couldn't kiss someone I wasn't attracted to either. But there's a difference between initial attraction and serious interest. You can kiss someone and it won't necessarily lead to continued dating. Other times you kiss and you know right away that it's going to lead to something beyond casual dating.

Think back to teenage games like spin the bottle. It's meant to teach you this lesson.

Hahaha... yeah ok I get what you meant. I never played spin the bottle though. Weird because a lot of my friends have. I just don't know why, but maybe it was because I was such a dork with boys now.

And with this one guy I'm interested in and have been seeing, I feel like a dork again it's been ages since I felt that way with a guy. Wonder if it's a good thing or not...

How many dates would you go on without a kiss?

I haven't read through the whole thread, but speaking from my own personal standpoint... The first date is usually a warm hug, and then the first goodnight kiss on either the 2nd or 3rd date. But I'm aware that everyone tends to go at different speeds, so whatever people are comfortable with.

i really hate the pressure to kiss after a few dates.

hugging/kissing...i think i have issues with these things, in terms of an invasion of personal space and for background cultural reasons.

never seen my parents kiss or embrace, for example.

Girls, how many dates would you go on if he didn't move in for a kiss? Assume he said he liked you and was willing to go on another date and pay for the date, so it was only costing you time. And assume you liked him and the dates were fun, but just no kissing, hugging, etc.

Guys, after how many dates would you give up if the girl refused to kiss you when you tried to kiss her?

I like to call it hanging out/getting to know each other-dates.

I did this with my bf for almost 2 months (or +/- 6 dates). And all I can say is that this is the first relationship I've been in which has

1. lasted this long (1.5 yrs)

2. is healthy

3. we have long term plans to be together.

It got a bit annoying around the 5th or 6th date b.c suddenly I was second guessing if he was into me or not. I started doubting myself and why he hadn't kissed me already if he seemed so interested and was contacting me every day. I just wanted to kiss him already and I know he wanted to as well, but it wasn't happening.

If I where to find myself single again I'd definitly want to take the same route and slowly get to know him (and vice versa). Can't say the same for the physical/sexual aspect b/c as soon as we kissed it was electric and we slept together less then a month later.

If I'm taking a woman out on a proper date, odds are that I've already kissed her. I usually ask to "hang out" first, usually along with friends. I do this long enough to know whether or not I actually want to pursue a possible relationship with this person, in order to avoid possible awkwardness of going on a date and not wanting to kiss her and knowing she wants you to kiss her and maybe just kissing her because you know she wants you to even though you don't want to and then you regret it and feel bad because you dont' want to kiss her anymore so you ignore her. Terrible.

I hate to say it, because I think there is sooo much more to a relationship than just the physical. However, if a guy wasn't either making a move to kiss me or giving me hints that he wanted me to kiss him, by the second date (third date TOPS!!) I'd be confused!

You'd be confused, but if he said he liked you (and you liked him) and he wanted to go on more dates would you still go, or would it be too awkward?

I once dated a girl who i kissed on the third date. By the fifth date she was pushing me away when i tried to kiss her. Then when i didn't try to kiss her for a while she friendzoned me cos i 'wasn't interested enough in her'!

Sometimes you just can't win...

I once dated a girl who i kissed on the third date. By the fifth date she was pushing me away when i tried to kiss her. Then when i didn't try to kiss her for a while she friendzoned me cos i 'wasn't interested enough in her'!

Sometimes you just can't win...

but i think you did... imagine what that relationship would've been like.

Archived