I guess I don't really know where to begin. First I'll warn everyone that this is going to be a long post and for that I apologize:

My Current Situation

I just graduated with a bachelor's in physics and biology. I'm in the process of taking my GREs so I could apply to graduate school. The only problem is I don't feel inspired in my house. I'm lonely, bored, and have even been depressed.

Previous situations that are still affecting me

1. My exboyfriend broke up with me right before thanksgiving and I'm still not over it. I feel so much regret because I originally started dating him because a friend pretty much forced us into a relationship.

2. Because we shared many of the same friends, I lost a large number of the people I really cared for.

3. I made a mistake during the healing process that I regret. Many of my friends weren't giving me the emotional support I needed because most of them were on his side, so soon after the breakup, I started talking to people on another website called okcupid which I had for a while. I honestly just needed someone to talk to. I became close with this guy and we seemed to have a lot in common. One thing led to another and we started "dating" and eventually formed a "relationship" that went downhill very quickly. I currently don't speak with him and regret having met him.

In general, I regret everything that has to do with my past relationships. I've had 4 relationships and could see myself not dating again ever.

The first "boyfriend" I had was when I was 15. He lied about his age and was a complete loser. He also sort of forced me to have sex against my will. I've tried to erase him from my memories and have been somewhat successful.

The next boyfriend I had treated me like crap, used me, and cheated on me for the entire 3 years that we spent together. I found out afterwards on myspace. After him you could understand why I would no longer want any relationships.

Approximately 2 years after this, I had gained some of my self esteem again and was feeling great about myself which is when my friend convinced me to "give a guy a chance" and go out with the exboyfriend that dumped me in November. I'm still hurt because I wasn't ready for a relationship and just ended up getting hurt.

The most recent guy that I "dated" was a big mistake. He was very neglectful and even disgusting. He was a creep and I no longer speak with him. I even thought that he had given me an STD but thankfully my tests all came out negative.

I've been very lonely lately because my 4 year old cousin from Rhode Island just left after having spent a couple of weeks here.

I just don't know who to talk to or how to feel and I'm sorry about writing so much. I hope someone could help me or talk to me on this forum. Thanks for reading.

I'm also lonely all the time. I wish I had gf, someone I can talk to, get to know and have a good time with.

I know exactly how you feel. I haven't had a relationship in forever and it's becoming very lonely. My friends say i should be more confident and outgoing and then guys will notice me.... and I have done that, but when I'm not like that guys don't really seem to notice.

As for your situation Beaker5.... I would love to give you advice but I haven't been in your situation. All I can say is keep your head high and be proud of your degree.

Archived