26 and still on the solo boat

rollingalong

I'm pretty much in the same exact situation as you if it makes you feel any better although I don't think I've even had a girl attracted to me. Just be thankful you're a woman and not a man because you still being single at that age people don't think its that bad. But if you are a guy at that age there has to be something wrong with you a lot of people believe.

Hi there! I just have a quick question for you. Have you ever been interested in any of the guys that have approached you but get too nervous? Or is it just guys that you don't really care for trying to talk to you? Have you ever had a serious "crush" on a guy but have been too shy to do anything about it? I just ask because in that case, if it's just a shyness thing, I think trying online dating would be good for you. If I was you, I'd go on a few dates just to get some experience under my belt and learn how to be more comfortable with guys.

I've been approached. It is a shyness thing. Yeah, I think the practice would do some good.

I'm pretty much in the same exact situation as you if it makes you feel any better although I don't think I've even had a girl attracted to me. Just be thankful you're a woman and not a man because you still being single at that age people don't think its that bad. But if you are a guy at that age there has to be something wrong with you a lot of people believe.

I don't believe that if you're a guy there has to be something wrong with you. Being on this site has really proven to me. We just play things up in our mind. I understand though that it can be harder for guys because society plays it all off as a game. "Go out there and get as many girls as you can" blahblahblah. If guys aren't into the games and are truly trying to find someone and can't because of shyness or whatever, they should try not to focus on that. That's just going to deter them from focusing on what they really want.

I think you're going to make it happen because you are intelligent, social and you have a really good sense of yourself. Perhaps the flirtier women will get more dates -- or more boyfriends -- and it wouldn't hurt for you to practice flirting more - but you only need one good match, right? Oh and yes I was one of the good flirts/good at dating and I still feel that way. My advice to you is to r-e-l-a-x and make sure you are participating in activities and social events you enjoy doing so that your personality will continue to shine through whether you're getting to know people as friends or potentially more.

I don't think the drinking issue is an issue - i have never been drunk but I went to many many parties and clubs where there was a lot of alcohol (I drank very little, still do) and I never took drugs. I met people who felt similarly to me and who were at these parties to socialize and dance. So, I would avoid parties where the focus is getting wasted but go to those that include alcohol and just do what you're comfortable doing.

One more thing - just occurred to me- do you have a sort of conversation piece you can wear - I don't know, an interesting shirt from somewhere you've traveled, or some sports-related or music-related clothing item? Maybe interesting (but not too distracting and not flashy) jewelry?

Archived