Ex dating her good friend

longdist

Well I made the mistake of taking a look at some of my ex's pictures, just b/c I had to know if she had started and is dating someone she had been friends w/ for 7 years. 4-1/2 of those years her and I dated. She talked about going on a date w/ him less than 2 months after we broke up 5 months ago (said she had no interest in him while we were dating). Based on the pictures, I can see they are officially dating and it surprisingly doesn't bother me too much. It would be nice if they would stop going to the places that my ex and I would consider "our" places, so I felt a little anger. I guess the question I pose to myself now is whether or not I could see a future with this girl. I guess I can't b/c it just seems like a large betrayal for her to start seeing one of her friends so soon after our break. So, I guess this gave me some ultimate closure. This is great b/c I have recently met someone else, and can certainly see a future w/ this other person. Now I can focus all of my attention on this new girl. So, I guess this is probably it for me on the "Getting Back Together" forum. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Unfortuantley you cant really stop what they do or where they go. You just have to try and accept that shes moved on, and as much as it hurts, you CAn get closure.

You have to concentrate on the future, just make sure you arent dating this new girl JUST to get back at her or to have someone.

Archived