Is she interested?

googlewhack

So, the story is a fairly common one. I'm into this girl big time, but I can't quite work her out. We met about 8 months ago. Up until about a month back, I was in a long-term relationship but I've since broken that off. Things had just come to a deadend between us. Anyway, since I'm free and single now I really want to see where things between me and this new girl can go.

Sometimes I think she is in to me, but some of her behaviour indicates otherwise.

We are in the same class so we've been out together on nights out several times and every time we are out she finds me for a dance. And this normally turns into an hour-long dance and laughing and joking. It's probably happened about 5 times now. She has also asked me to have a drink with her, have lunch with her and her friends (who i didn't really know), asked me for coffee, touches me quite alot and asked me if she looked sexy while we were out at a formal dinner last week. Also, her friend told me she has been in to me for a long time at the same dinner.

So that night I kissed her, but she quickly pulled away and things got awkward. Now, there are several factors to be considered here: we had both drank quite a bit too much, I still had a long term girlfriend and she knew this, and it was in front of pretty much our entire class of 180 people. I know it wasn't exactly the ideal time to do it, but we had been dancing for a long time, I was spurred on from her friends comments and like I say, I had drank too much.

About two weeks after this night, I met her for the first time since. To test the waters, I pretended not to see her to check if she would get my attention. She did and we chatted for a while about small stuff. I thought she was quite happy to see me so I decided to send her a message on a social networking site later that night. But she didn't reply back, she just added me as a friend. It was only something small and innocent but still, I thought she would reply.

Also, I don't think she is aware that I'm single now because we don't really travel in the same social circles.

So, I'm really confused. Does she like me or not? All thougts/ suggestions are greatly appreciated at this point!

I disagree that you should not let her know you are single. If that was a stumbling block for her before it still will be.

I think you should tell her that you have been attracted to her for some time but couldn't really do anything because you had a girlfriend but that now you don't you would like to ask her out.

I disagree that you should not let her know you are single. If that was a stumbling block for her before it still will be.

I think you should tell her that you have been attracted to her for some time but couldn't really do anything because you had a girlfriend but that now you don't you would like to ask her out.

I'm not saying that you should't let her know you are single now, but dont go out of your way to do so. It comes off as too eager.

I'm not saying that you should't let her know you are single now, but dont go out of your way to do so. It comes off as too eager.

A woman who is interested in a guy, like she is in you, would be 'tracking' you through her membership of the 'girls grapevine'. She KNOWS a lot more about you than you think.

However you need to uncover her real interest in you and whether she is a potential candidate for a relationship (if that is what you have in mind, but remember that some women ONLY want a guy when he is unavailable )

The #1 method of gauging a woman's Interest Level is to ask her out.

All those other 'signs of interest' by her to date are good for her chances with you , BUT the test is always whether she is eager to be alone with you .

Asking her out on a date will give you your answer.

Archived