Just got strung along, I'm pretty sure. Need some advice

IhaveCtrl

So I was seeing this girl that "said" she was interested and we did go on two dates and made plans to meet up three time in which she made plans for. One she didn't contact me, the other she canceled and went and did somethings with friends and the other she said her brother got in a wreck. When I asked her how her brother was she never replied. We would be texting and I would ask her a simple question like what are you doing tonight and wouldn't hear from her until the next day. I cant believe one word this girl says. She texts me how much she would like to get to know me and how attractive I am and we should go out, she want to prove it to me she is not stringing me along and all that BS. So today I text her that I don't want to be ignored or compete for her time and attention with this other guy she has been dating, which she says they are not exclusive. I am not that type of guy to date a girl that has a boyfriend, which she denied. Any way her text back to me when I said I wasn't going to play games with her was. I got your message, have a good weekend. So I give up. Don'T wait around right? Just got strung along right. Give up on this girl, says one thing and does another. By the way she is 22 and I am 28. It is a lost cause correct? A little advise would be nice.

You take things way too seriously, it's disproportionate to what's actually happening. This girl has nothing invested in you, she hardly knows you. Why should she give you a certain level of respect when you could be just like all the other guys who pretended to be nice to her, only to find out they were just using her for sex and dropped her in and instant breaking her heart?

In a perfect world (for you), every girl you call would return your messages promptly. They wouldn't test you or play games that you don't know how to play. They would see you for the good person that you think you are (which you might be I can't say one way or another as I don't know your character). But this is not a "perfect" world, and the only guys that succeed are the ones who are able to see learning girls more as a learning experience to be enjoyed rather than something that destroys them emotionally.

Only the strong (and smart) survive. This is the law of nature and it applies equally to us. Adapt to the environment around you or get left behind.

While I agree that it rude to string someone along (if that's what she's truly doing), however, you might want to consider getting a new user name. My hunch is that you see this situation as a struggle for control and when you don't have it, you are unhappy.

My user name is meaning I have control over my life. I dont expect girls to call me back everytime I call them believe me I am good with that. But dont tell me stuff and do another and stand me up three times and think I am going to keep chasing you around.

My user name is meaning I have control over my life. I dont expect girls to call me back everytime I call them believe me I am good with that. But dont tell me stuff and do another and stand me up three times and think I am going to keep chasing you around.

I understand how you feel, I've done this to myself before too. After the first time I am disrespected I need to learn to speak up. If it happens again I need to walk away. Less suffering, more fun.

I don't know why you agreed to go out with her again after she flaked on you the first time. Yes, you got strung along. It happens to a lot of guys.

Don't listen to heloladies21 - start hating women. Once you start hating them and treating them badly you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

haha yes bravo yanet. Yes women start to mature earlier than men. Problem is that they stop rather abruptly around the age of 20. Girls are like cats, and boys are like yarn. Cats like to play with yarn, but only whens its being dangled just out of their reach. A piece of yarn laying on the floor waiting to be played with is no fun for the cats.

Archived