What do you think?

Davie

My wife is 2 years older and it has made no difference to me..I had a girlfriend at 19 who was 38..she ended it based on age . I didnt blame her. It was too big a gap for a lifelong relationship. She wanted marriage for her stage of life..( not from me)..I wanted to play.I think our goals were way too different for our stages in life.

Cheers mate.

I think that age is just a number.... as long as the two people are adults and like each other than they should be able to see where it goes. Love doesnt know age. I think that women mature faster then men do... but if its an older woman then maybe she is looking for something in her life that is missing. Maybe the woman isnt looking for marriage and just wants someone to be there, a fresh perspective, an adventure..... i have never experienced this before (wink).. but i know i would with an open mind. As long as both know the others intent then it may end up a very satisfying experience. Everything, every relationship is a gamble anyway. It doesnt hurt to have an open mind and an open heart. Me being older... i know that a younger guy like you.... has alot of growing and experiencing to do... I would never set myself up for a situation unrealistically.

I say, Follow your heart.... you never know what you could learn from each other........

Half plus 7! Good rule, think about it.

16 yr old boy... how young is too young at 16? 16/2+7=15. Sounds about right at 16, 2 years would be too much that young.

30 year old man... how young is cradle robbing? 30/2+7=22. Sounds just about right! Don't want to score them too young!

There are exceptions I know but I like the rule, usually works just about right

I desperately want someone to confirm for me that a 7 year gap (when the girl is the older one at 26) will NOT work out! Please!! AAAUGH!

i am exploring the idea of an age gap relationship and i am much older than the guy... more than 7 years..... i know what i want from it, and i assume he does too. i think if your both honest with each other from the beginning.. how could it not work out?

i am exploring the idea of an age gap relationship and i am much older than the guy... more than 7 years..... i know what i want from it, and i assume he does too. i think if your both honest with each other from the beginning.. how could it not work out?

hehe...I'm talking about 2 other people. And I don't want it to work. Because I'm head over heels for the girl...

I think age gap relationships are the same as any other relationships, in that some are awesome and some suck.

I've personally never dated anyone my own age. I dated a guy for a year or so who was two years younger than me (which might not sound like a huge deal, but keep in mind this was in high school) which was really fun but quickly turned really rediculous when things started going bad. I've dated older guys who were less mature than him, even, which is always funny. My current partner is ten years older than me, and things are going great.

I think the only bad thing about age gap relationships is the reaction you get from the people who aren't your close friends and family. I just started getting friendlier with new coworkers, and when they find out my partner's age they always say things like "How can you date someone so much older?!", "Why don't your parents freak out, do they know you've been living with him for the last year?!" and, my personal favourite, "Ugh, gross" haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived