THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 9

I went indoor rock climbing today with one of our mutual friends, it took my mind off things for a few hours. Now I'm home again, and he comes back from the festival we were meant to be going to together tomorrow... I really miss him, but he seems to be doing just fine on his own. I know i'll want to contact him this week. I really want us to reconcile and talk things through - more than the world.

Day 12, I think I've kinda lost track

I came to visit the cat yesterday and left a frappicino in the fridge. It was for him. I got a text from him last night saying how bad of a day he had but when he saw the drink it made him smile. He thanked me for it. I didn't respond. Im losing it again. I just want him back. I know I love him and I know he loves me. I'm not doing so well these days. The emotional roller coaster is too much.

I think if you want your ex back then complete NC is not the way to go. Just my opinion. LC is better.

NC is not a method designed to make your ex come back. NC is for you to heal and move forward so in time you can get over the relationship. If after a period of NC you feel confident, then you may try to contact your ex. You don't want the old relationship you want a new relationship with your former lover.

It's actually day 15 for me

Today I have very mixed emotions. Things aren't great. I'm missing him a lot today. I had a dream about him and everytime I close my eyes to nap I dream of him. He's haunting my mind!

Wishing the emtional roller coaster would stop!

It's actually day 15 for me

Today I have very mixed emotions. Things aren't great. I'm missing him a lot today. I had a dream about him and everytime I close my eyes to nap I dream of him. He's haunting my mind!

Wishing the emtional roller coaster would stop!

You need some type of distraction to get you mind off of him. Do you have any hobbies?

You need some type of distraction to get you mind off of him. Do you have any hobbies?

Yeah Id watch my favorite shows to forget about him and hang out with my family but it doesn't completely drown him out. quite irritating actually.

Day 17

Last night at work you offered to drive me home and asked if I wanted to work on your car with you also. I was excited. I felt maybe it's you trying to reconnect. Then later you came up to me and told me you wouldn't be able to take me home because something had come up. I felt as if you were playing with my emotions. I know your not that kind of person but I don't trust you still. I still feel as if your playing games. It's been this long and you still have so much influence on my emotions.

Day... IDK... 8? Feeling good today. Started a project at home so bish-bash-bosh, busy busy. I have a long drive tomorrow to pick up some equipment in one of the prettiest parts of the country. Same for Friday. I do still think about him, but probably only like 60% of the time now No tears. Nice.

I've got some content news. Were going on a date this Sunday. Hes openly told me how much he misses me and loves me. He said he needs me. I'm taking this slow and see where we go from here but this might be my path to reconciliation. I'll keep u guys updated if ya want me to but thank you so much everyone for your kind words and wisedom.

Day Whatever

I've had the epiphany to end all epiphanies. There's no feeling left. I am set free. This girl has done me a huge favour; in fact, if I could see her now, I'd throw my arms around her and give her a big, sloppy kiss. She's taken that alcoholic mess of a man off my hands and liberated me from this unhealthy, toxic, co-dependent farce of a relationship. He's her problem now. I no longer feel responsible for his happiness. Oh. My. God. There are no words to describe how wonderful it feels!

Day Whatever

I've had the epiphany to end all epiphanies. There's no feeling left. I am set free. This girl has done me a huge favour; in fact, if I could see her now, I'd throw my arms around her and give her a big, sloppy kiss. She's taken that alcoholic mess of a man off my hands and liberated me from this unhealthy, toxic, co-dependent farce of a relationship. He's her problem now. I no longer feel responsible for his happiness. Oh. My. God. There are no words to describe how wonderful it feels!

From your message I assume you are in a position to be moving on and moving forward. Congratulations!! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Day 24.

I am still perplexed, confused, and hurt as to why he disappeared without a trace. I am glad that I sent him that final email telling him I was letting him go. Letting him know I had no idea why he wasn't speaking to me, but that I would honor it. He couldn't even be bothered to address THAT. POOF! Sadly, he is one of "those" guys - the kind that just stops calling. Disappears.

I am going to make it through this. Day 24.

NC since March 29! Wow, it has been a while! It will be 3 months soon - but it is for sure not long enough. I am going for at least 6 months!

NC for me since April 29!! It does get easier in time. In the beginning it seems so hard because you are still so emotionally connected and it is indeed a struggle. I think I will also try to reach the 6 month mark. You have inspired me even more!!!

Day 0

Broke NC this morning. Sent him an email. I don't expect a reply and even suggested it would be better if he didn't. It's just that I behaved badly and treated him badly during our relationship (before I found out about the new gf); I'm ashamed of this, it's been bothering me a lot and I had to put it right. I don't want him back in my life. I just want me back.

Day 0

Broke NC this morning. Sent him an email. I don't expect a reply and even suggested it would be better if he didn't. It's just that I behaved badly and treated him badly during our relationship (before I found out about the new gf); I'm ashamed of this, it's been bothering me a lot and I had to put it right. I don't want him back in my life. I just want me back.

As a matter of fact you didn't do anything wrong. They say if you feel you have wronged the other person to write a letter and ask for forgiveness. I believe in the power of forgiveness as some things in life do not have a logical explanation and do not require closure. I offer you my support.

As a matter of fact you didn't do anything wrong. They say if you feel you have wronged the other person to write a letter and ask for forgiveness. I believe in the power of forgiveness as some things in life do not have a logical explanation and do not require closure. I offer you my support.

jeepman, thank you so much for understanding. I have been so angry lately, this anger has been poisoning my life and affecting every area of my life. I desperately needed to let it go, and part of the process was acknowledging the part I played when he turned away from me, and to her. I pushed him into her arms; I know that. I didn't absolve him of his blame; I just acknowledged my own misdeeds, apologised for them, wished him all the happiness in the world, and that was that. I honestly think sending that email was the best thing I could have done. Thank you again.

NC for me since April 29!! It does get easier in time. In the beginning it seems so hard because you are still so emotionally connected and it is indeed a struggle. I think I will also try to reach the 6 month mark. You have inspired me even more!!!

My mistake! April 29 for me too, haha! Maybe we should have a competition, to inspire each other even more! What do you say??

My mistake! April 29 for me too, haha! Maybe we should have a competition, to inspire each other even more! What do you say??

I'm all for that. There is nothing healthier than good competition. How are you feeling about your ex these days? Do you think about them less and less. In the beginning my thoughts were consumed by this person but not so much anymore.

jeepman, thank you so much for understanding. I have been so angry lately, this anger has been poisoning my life and affecting every area of my life. I desperately needed to let it go, and part of the process was acknowledging the part I played when he turned away from me, and to her. I pushed him into her arms; I know that. I didn't absolve him of his blame; I just acknowledged my own misdeeds, apologised for them, wished him all the happiness in the world, and that was that. I honestly think sending that email was the best thing I could have done. Thank you again.

I'm glad you've gotten over your angry spell. Angry is a toxic emotion and sometimes it hinders good judgment but you seemed to have used it for a positive outcome. I have no doubt that you will be able to sustain NC for the long haul.