THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I have to wonder that this is in the getting back together forum. It seems that this challenge is more applicable to people trying to get over a relationship rather than get back together.

I would say this thread belongs in the "healing after a breakup" section...but whatever. NC should be about you getting yourself back rather than getting your ex back.

Day 5

I didn't really think so much about her while I was at work. The only time I thought about her was when one of my co-workers was explaining one of his ex relationships to me and I started to really think about her a lot. I went to the mall today with a friends and I kept on looking to see if she was there even when she most likely wouldn't be there. Every time I drive around and see a honda accord, I would see if it's hers or not. I can't help these things at all. I'm missing her so much right now especially when I'm alone. One think that makes me feel better is if I see a really pretty looking woman lol. I think I'm gonna approach one and get there number probably this weekend or even tomorrow

Day 2

So far not much better. I felt pretty good last night, but this morning has been terrible. Last night I was convinced she was going to call back, I was convinced she needed me, since she said so. This morning I am thinking that what if she doesn't?

We have both hurt each other so much, maybe she will be scared we will do it again and won't want to have any part of it.

I guess these first few days are really a roller coaster...

Day 7 here, mornings once again suck, first thing I think about when I wake up, I hate that feeling of waking up and knowing that only a week ago my life was in a different place, hate that about life. I am trying to stay busy, no work today so I am going to buy new furniture for my apartment, then going out drinking with my boys tonight so hopefully that will take my mind off things. You are doing great everyone, stay strong!

Day 7 here, mornings once again suck, first thing I think about when I wake up, I hate that feeling of waking up and knowing that only a week ago my life was in a different place, hate that about life. I am trying to stay busy, no work today so I am going to buy new furniture for my apartment, then going out drinking with my boys tonight so hopefully that will take my mind off things. You are doing great everyone, stay strong!

I am only at day 2 but sort of, we have been broken up for over a month and a half. Things get better man, and nothing better than going out for a drink with the mates!

Day 29. I've been a mess the last two days. Miss her terribly. Sad and depressed. I'm hoping I'm getting over the hump and it's a nice coast downhill from here. I don't to be like this anymore.

Your almost to 30, keep your head up Eddie. Thirty may not be the magic number for a lot of us, I know for myself I'm thinking 60 may work better. You know what works for yourself though.... and you'll know it when you find it.

It's only been a week for me and my friends want to try to get her back as well. Maybe, NC is definitely to help you clear your head and get your mind back and not feeling like crap and getting her back because you feel like crap. I feel a lot better than I did a week ago, I feel like I want to get her back because we mutually decided on taking a break which was in itself a break up but it wasn't either of us saying we were done and moving on. It really depends on your situation, and if you are even ready. I am nervous to even talk to her, which is saying something when she was someone i was dating just a week ago!

Well that sounds way better than what I got, my ex put up lyrics from the song "ridin solo" by jason derulo on her status after changing her relationship status to single as well, but i am kind of writing that off, being as lyrics are just that, she could just be fronting about things. But with the way she sounds, she sounds like she misses you, but that's weird that she hasn't tried to contact you with the way she made herself sound on FB.

this beeeep sucks

I want her back soooo much

my friends say I should try now since it's been two weeks since the break up

Should I?

Um, what the heck do your friends know? They aren't the ones going through a breakup, you are. And no, you shouldn't contact her. She dumped you, let her contact you. If you contact her before she's ready, you'll just push her farther away...trust me. You wait until she contacts you...and if she doesn't, then you'll know how she truly feels. Stay strong, man.

Day 6

Today has gotten a lot better. For most of the day, I didn't think about her except for around in the evening. I started to imagine her doing something with her rebound when I'm the one who's suppose to be with her having fun on a friday night. Other than that, I didn't think about her too much. Overall, the day has been good

I keep thinking about the status she put last Sunday

It's been 3 days he's been missing

and ten minutes later she wrote: he doesn't want to talk to me now

Dude I was tempted so many times, you have no idea lol. I thought about it and if you do contact her, you have to start all over again. It's way too early in the game to break contact.

Day 3

So this is day 3 only. It feels like a small lifetime has gone by since we have had contact. I guess in a way that is true, it has been over 2 months since we saw each other and 1.5 months since we broke up. I miss talking to her. I miss having her as a friend. On the other hand I am getting angrier with her about what she did. I am just really confused now and last night was terrible. All I could think about was how 3 weeks ago she told me she loved me and wanted to get back together and then drove 12 hours to a guy she has a crush on while we dated and slept with him that same night.

day 8 here, morning wasn't too bad. Still thinking about her a lot, wondering what I can do to make things right. We broke up or took a break because of her lost of interest because of long distance and summer and i get that, going to try to pick things up when we get back but I don't know how that will go and I want to contact her since we didn't have a bad breakup but i don't want to spook her since she isn't coming home for another 11 days from her summer long trip to florida. I really don't know how to go about things with her.

Would have been day 7 but i had to email him back about our living situation. His reply has completely messed with my head. All i said was i couldn't afford to move out soon but would do eventually. He replied with the whole "sorry, don't love you but thank you the memories" bla bla...don't know why he had to say that, don't know why he has to dig the knife in even deeper. I feel like a pathetic mess. I haven't replied to his email. Will have to start NC again.

Would have been day 7 but i had to email him back about our living situation. His reply has completely messed with my head. All i said was i couldn't afford to move out soon but would do eventually. He replied with the whole "sorry, don't love you but thank you the memories" bla bla...don't know why he had to say that, don't know why he has to dig the knife in even deeper. I feel like a pathetic mess. I haven't replied to his email. Will have to start NC again.

It doesn't matter why he says what he says, so stop wondering. You could spend all day trying to figure out why he says things and why he does things...and it does you no good...in fact it just keeps you from moving on. It's about you at this point. Let him deal with his situation, you've got your own to deal with. No contact. You can do it.

Day 7

Day 7 was a good day! It was my birthday and a lot of people greeted me a happy birthday!! I felt very happy for most of the day because I was with my friends for the most part. There were times during the day when I thought about her and thought about what "we" would be doing if "we" were still together but I brushed it off and tried to make the best out of my day with my friends. I bought new clothes and they look great on me! I think I'm getting some results from working out finally haha. I'm finally looking a little bit more cut and the shirts I bought look just right for me I talked to my sister and got some advice about my ex because she's been through a similar situation. I'm glad I talked to her because I feel that much more better about trying to move on and focus on myself more. She reunited with her ex about being 2 years apart and she said that during the time she was enjoying herself, her ex contacted her out of nowhere. Hehe success for my sister! So deep down inside, I know I still have hope but I know that my ex won't break me down! I will be the best that I can be and the next time my ex sees me, I guarantee you that she'll see that difference in me!!