THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I know that this is the Getting Back Together section, but I was wondering if anyone is doing NC to help the move on from their relationship. NOT to get their ex back.

I personally decided on NC because it seemed like the best way to stop myself from contacting him.

So is anyone the same as me?

Yep! I certainly am.

Day 21

Three whole weeks. I can't believe it made it this far! I had a lovely evening with a friend last night, but when she left, I felt so low. The panic returned, and I felt sick. I watched a comedy show, and it eased it a bit. I really thought today was Sunday. I'm so confused! I intend to stop writing about my NC contact progress once I hit the thirty day mark. I'd like to get to a point where I don't count the days anymore.

I can't even cry. I wish I could. I just feel like I'm numb and paranoid. I keep thinking of a million excuses to call you. I found your screwdriver the other day. I'm sure you can do without it. There are a lot of hardware stores in the city, duh! My best friend and I joke around sometimes. It's funny the excuses you come up with in your mind to call them. May as well be:

Yeah, uh, you forgot your...expired parking receipt from a month ago.

Yeah, uh, you forgot your black sock in my dryer.

Yeah, uh, you forgot your scent on the left pillow on my sofa.

Yeah, uh, you forgot a hair in my brush.

Yeah, uh, you forgot your fingerprints on my doorknob.

I mean.. comE ON! We have to get a grip here! lol

Day whatever

I noticed you haven't been online on msn or facebook since tuesday. Are you alright? I hope everything is ok with you.

Did you notice I deactivated facebook and never come

on msn either? Do you ever wonder if I'm ok.. Or what I'm doing

if you're wondering... I'm not ok, today was the hardest day of nc by far. I never knew it was possible for someone to cry this much. You're probably ok though...... This probably didn't affect you like it did me

Day 2. Yes, I'm definitely NC to get over her now. But last night I had a weird dream about her and me hiding and kissing inside trees... at one point part of the Labour party were there too. Must be because Lord of The Rings was on TV yesterday.

It's been a long time since I've written in my diary.

Day 22:

Missed him a lot. Today for the first time I actually wanted him to call. Every day in my prayers I would tell god that whatever happened, happened for good. Today I prayed to god to make him call me and come back. I know we are not supposed to ask god all these trivial things. But I want god to keep this prayer for me and make it happen.

Day 12

So afraid that it's over for good. It was so good. Same old fears, same old regrets. One thing I don't understand is how that douche won her from me. All he had to do was profess his love for her WHILE HE WAS MARRIED and... somehow he gets what he wants? Seriously, this guy is anti-relationship material, and all he has to do is that and the girl of my dreams starts emotionally checking out and decides to go with him? So many questions I want answered. Why do I have to go no contact when he got her back by doing the dumbest, most immature thing imaginable? It's all so * * * * ing sickening. How could an otherwise smart, caring girl be so damn careless and fall for this crap? How could she be so blind to set herself up with a sure failure?

I know that this is the Getting Back Together section, but I was wondering if anyone is doing NC to help the move on from their relationship. NOT to get their ex back.

I personally decided on NC because it seemed like the best way to stop myself from contacting him.

So is anyone the same as me?

yes, that's what I'm doing. fun times . . .

Day 16 (or 0) depending on how you count it. I saw him yesterday. He wanted to talk. I told him to leave me alone (in about 500 words---not nice ones either). He wrote to me this morning basically reiterating his plans to move away and how he wishes things could improve between us before he leaves. I wrote back and said, thanks but I have to stay NC. Does this count as breaking NC? Probably. I've always sucked at this.

Today has been utter crap.

Day 16 (or 0) depending on how you count it. I saw him yesterday. He wanted to talk. I told him to leave me alone (in about 500 words---not nice ones either). He wrote to me this morning basically reiterating his plans to move away and how he wishes things could improve between us before he leaves. I wrote back and said, thanks but I have to stay NC. Does this count as breaking NC? Probably. I've always sucked at this.

Today has been utter crap.

Nah, I think that's probably fine. You can't just not talk to them when they're in your face. The idea of NC is putting as much space between the two of you as possible and not pushing. Sounds like that's what you're doing still.

Nah, I think that's probably fine. You can't just not talk to them when they're in your face. The idea of NC is putting as much space between the two of you as possible and not pushing. Sounds like that's what you're doing still.

Thanks, FoG. At least I don't have to start counting over again. Really, your response is about the nicest thing that's happened to me all day.

I broke NC today. Today was day 22. I wrote to him 'i miss u'. I just couldn't stop myself. He didn't reply. Have been crying since then. Regretting breaking NC. But he could have just replied in one sentence. He didn't even do that. He just did nothing. He has become so heartless. So heartless and cruel. I wish he would reply. How people become so cruel. How how how? I cannot stop crying. I feel like leaving everything and going somewhere where no one can find me. I want to just disappear. He will never come back. I know he will never come back now. He is gone. I miss him so much. So much. I just wish we never met each other. I wish I never loved him or he never loved me. How does love change so much. How? I want him to hug me and say that we are going to be fine honeypie. We are going to be fine honeypie. I was his honeypie. Now I am no one. I am just all alone.

I will restart NC again. But I am not going to post anymore here. It just keeps me reminding of him. I don't want to remember him anymore.

I have this urge to beg him to come back. What do I do? Help me. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

day something

My brother hasn't returned home for 2 days now.... I'm terrified that something happened

I got my exam results back, and I passed but did horribly overall

Dad's still a drunk douche

......everything is going wrong

Day 48:

I haven't posted here in sooo long. It was my birthday on May 28th. And I was thinking she would contact me via email, texting, MSN, or an offline message. She didn't. I got a little sad. But maybe she didn't because she didn't want me to get hurt by talking to her, or she just doesn't want anything to do with me.

I really don't know. I wish I could know what she was thinking. But she's probably too busy with her new boyfriend. Meh. I guess they deserve each other. I know I will find someone else. She broke up with me 5 months ago but I'm not over her yet. But I'm smart enough to know that she wasn't the one for me.

Sometimes I wish she would randomly contact me, but I know that would hinder my moving on process.

Gotta keep moving on.

Hi there.

Well I realized no one has replied to you yet, so I will! You shouldn't wish that you never met him, because since you did, you made great memories you will remember forever! Don't hang onto the bad memories, hang onto the good ones.

Love sucks though, I'm still trying to move on from my ex who dumped me for another guy. It REALLY sucks. I can't even tell you how much I cried about it. Too much. I loved her, dearly. I just wanted things to go back to normal, but they never will after how much she had hurt me.

I just wanted her to tell me "I still love you baby" -- but I know that's just some stupid fantasy I'm making up. I know better than that. You know better than that!

Last of all -- DON'T BEG. Please don't beg him AT ALL, okay? I begged and pleaded, and it just pushed her farther away which is NOT what I wanted. I don't want to see others end up like I did after the break up. Just set some goals you never got to set before, and work for them! It'll help you feel a little better about yourself. Just don't beg! If you do, they won't have a chance to miss you. You need to give them an opportunity to miss you.

So stay strong and they will realize that what they have lost was a good thing -- and that is YOU. If you just back off, they will start wondering where you are, and think about you more. Trust me.

Good luck! No begging!

Thank you for writing this. I was a couple of seconds away from doing something similar myself... it won't help me But I feel everything you feel... how so cruel? I'm alone. And I will never benyone's Schatz again... the word has gone from my vocabulary.

I'm doing so much better now... smiling, baking a lot, talking to people, not staying in bed all day, although she hasn't gone away yet. But I'll keep posting here when I need to.

day something

My brother hasn't returned home for 2 days now.... I'm terrified that something happened

I got my exam results back, and I passed but did horribly overall

Dad's still a drunk douche

......everything is going wrong

Jeez go to the police, or something... your situation worries me a lot. I hope you're okay...

Day 22.

Ups and downs. Frustrated because I thought at the very least, he could find a way to apologize for being so mean. At least that! I've realized that he didn't think he was mean at all. He's probably quite content and relaxed, right now. It's not fair that I should feel this way.

I will get better. New week starting...

Jeez go to the police, or something... your situation worries me a lot. I hope you're okay...

Yea I spoke to a few of his friends and they said they haven't seen him since thursday. I'm going to have to go to the police with my mom now.

I'm alright, just missing my ex a lot. I know it wouldn't make my situation any better, but at least that way I'd have someone to talk to...

To add to my many worries my ex hasn't been on facebook or msn (no he didn't block me) for over a week now, this is so unlike him. I hope he's alright...

Day 1:

Back to day 1. SO today morning first thing I did was to close the door. I kept the door open for past one month. Today I closed it. I changed my passwords (He knew them), blocked him from my facebook, blocked him from other email accounts, one phone is anyway not working and the other phone I am going to change as soon as possible. I will be moving in another 6 months. So that settles the home address issue. He was anyway a LDR for sometimes. So the door is closed forever for him. So no point writing here anymore. He won't be able to contact me anymore as I am taking measure to make sure of that. This is not for him. This is for me. This is to make sure I don't have the false hope of getting emails, phone call, and bla bla bla from him.

Today is the new chapter of my life. And I am so happy in my life. I am happy and confident.